Mulled wine and cider are some of our favourite festive treats this time of year — the warming cinnamon and the kick of alcohol is the perfect recipe for a great night in (or out).
With this delicious recipe, courtesy of Drinks Ireland|Cider, we’ll be set up for the next two weeks of the festive season — it’s sure to be a hit with all of your guests, including those picky cousins who are never happy with their turkey dinner.
- 1 litre of Highbank Medieval Cider
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 pomegranate, juice and seed of
- 1 orange, juice of and rind for serving
- 4-5 tbsp of golden sugar
- Pop the cider into a large pan on a low heat and allow to warm up for a few minutes.
- Add all the spices and juices and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- As everything is mulling begin to taste and add sugar to achieve your desired sweetness.
- When you are happy, serve in a beautiful cup with a rind of orange for decoration.