‘When your business is in design, good camera quality is essential’: Siobhan Lam on running interiors business April and the Bear
23rd Jul 2021
Running her shop, e-tailer and interior design business means Siobhan Lam of April and the Bear has to be able to work on-the-go
As purveyors of all things heavenly for urban living, April and The Bear is having one big, massive moment. And as founder, creative director and buyer for the retail and design consultancy, as well as mother, dog-mother and wife to… “The Bear”, Siobhan Lam is busy. There are plans afoot that involve what she refers to as her “square footage” (shop), while her online business and interior design work is flying.
“We started out as an e-tailer, we didn’t have a physical store for the first three years so we know digital shopping quite well. Thankfully we were in a good place when the pandemic hit. All our all products exist in a virtual manner too so when everyone starting shopping online exclusively it wasn’t such a leap for us.”
Unsurprisingly, Siobhan and her team spend a lot of time shooting, uploading and sharing images. “When your business is in design, good camera quality is essential, and the video and camera functions on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G are fantastic. I also adore the folding function, it feels so fresh and so usable, especially now when we use our phones for so much for communicating in so many different ways.”
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G is exactly that, a handset that outperforms anything else in hand-held devices. Folded, it’s a phone; unfolded, it’s a full, seamless, 7.6-inch screen tablet, both ways it comes with a host of intuitive functionality, anticipating our needs and then going further.
Packed with innovation, power, speed and style, the brilliant Galaxy Z Fold2 offers a new world of connectivity…
- The two screens – outer and inner – work together or apart, with full 5G compatibility to ensure no waiting, no sticking, no spooling. Perfect for gaming, streaming, viewing, or operating as a mobile edit suite for studio-quality results.
- Serving up a new standard of impeccable video and camera quality, the Galaxy Z Fold2 gives you the power to create content to pro standard; and when open, the inner, main screen is large enough to accommodate easy, faultless work. Preview selfies on the outer screen, shoot from a distance with the wave of a hand, share at the touch of a button.
- Need to run a business from your pocket? Not a bother. The Galaxy Z Fold2 is the first handset to run up to three apps simultaneously on the same screen, so you can video call, check email and keep diary dates to view, all at the same time.
- Because long battery life is fundamental, the Galaxy Z Fold2 has a smart system to keep your handset running efficiently. Plug in for super-fast charging or use Samsung’s revolutionary wireless charger for ease and speed. Out and running out? The Galaxy Z Fold2 also facilitates Wireless Power Share for and from other devices too. With so many options, you’ll never be caught short again.
- And all these spring to life with a fingerprint… yours! The Galaxy Z Fold2 is activated by touching a snug scanner, conveniently located, flush at the side of the device. It’s as simple as adjusting your grip. Intuitive ease is matched with government-grade security, protecting your data as the Galaxy Z Fold2’s operating system is protected by Samsung’s super-secure Knox technology.
“It’s been really great to welcome our customers back to the store and have a chat face to face again. And I love that one of our big summer sellers has been our rose champagne coupes, the perfect way to sip bubbles of an evening, even if you are at home. Our clients have style!”