Supper Club: The ultimate chilli con Carne recipe
Warming, filling with just the right amount of spice – this M&S chilli con carne recipe is an autumn winner
With Halloween just around the corner and the weather taking a very chilly turn as of late, we might just be ready to embrace some autumnal feelings and get snuggly for the season. And there’s no better way to kick it off than with a warming bowl of comfort food.
This chilli con Carne comes courtesy of M&S and Former World Young Chef of the Year and Forbes 30 Under 30 lister, Mark Moriarty, who worked together to create this tasty dish. It’s packed full of delicious and unique flavours such as chipotle and fajita spice, and will definitely warm you up on this blustery Monday.
You can pick up everything on the ingredients list in M&S.
Chilli con Carne
- 1 pack M&S Irish beef mince
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 400g M&S easy cook rice
- 400ml cold water
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 jar Cook With M&S hot chipotle chilli paste
- 1 packet Cook With M&S fajita spice blend
- Fresh coriander
- Heat a large heavy-based pan. Add some oil and colour the mince until dark brown and caramelised.
- Now add the diced onion and garlic and caramelise for 2 minutes.
- Add the fajita spice mix, half the jar of chipotle chilli paste and tomato puree.
- Cook this out for a further minute, before adding the chopped tinned tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to stew for 30 minutes with a lid on, season with salt before serving.
- To cook the rice, wash under a cold tap for 2 minutes to remove excess starch. Place the rice in a pot with half the jar of chipotle paste and the cold water, season with salt and bring to the boil.
- Now reduce to a simmer, put a lid on, and cook for a further 5 minutes until the rice is just tender, then fluff with a spoon and add the chopped coriander.
- Serve in warm bowls and enjoy!