Supper Club: These 3-step sticky wings are the awesome treat your Friday is crying out for
Barbecue season is almost here and this sticky wings recipe is a real winner.
The problem with barbecues, as I see it, is that I want the finger-licking moreish barbecue food but once the weekend hits we’re far more inclined to assume a horizontal position until Monday. This state of near-coma is not the ideal circumstances for the kind of palaver the average barbecue requires. Enter these addictive chicken wings that are ridiculously easy to bash together and are ready in less than an hour – perfect for your Friday night feast.
Sticky chicken wings
- 25ml maple syrup
- 25ml barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 500g chicken wings (ask the butcher to cut in half at the joint)
- 100g creme fraiche
- 50g blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C (or fire up the barbecue if you are going the whole hog). Combine the maple syrup, the barbecue sauce, the salt, the paprika and the mustard together.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce and spread the wings in a single layer on an oven tray. Bake for 25-35 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Mash the creme fraiche and the blue cheese together until smooth, adding a little milk to achieve a dipping consistency and serve with the wings.