BARCELONA, SPAIN - APRIL 29: Angeles, bag detail, wears Tiffany sunglasses, BCBG jacket, Etxart&Panno dress, Casa Dei shoes, Birkin Hermes handbag and a Rolex Golden Rose during the 63rd Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell at the Real Club de Tennis Barcelona on April 29, 2015 in Barcelona, Spain. (Photo by Miquel Benitez/Getty Images)
Is the world of finance a labyrinth to you? Still clueless as to what a variable rate is? Is burning bank statements in your parents fireplace your second-favourite when-at-home activity after raiding the full fridge?
Well, turns out a part of you knew learning all that money stuff was potentially a waste of brain space. You’d have been better off buying a Birkin bag. Turns out the iconic Hermes handbag is one of the savviest financial investments out there. Here are the astounding sums from Baghunter:
- A Birkin bag increases in value by 14.2% on average, that’s better than’most stocks.
- Business Insider says that the bag has increased in value by a very impressive 500% in the past 35 years.The value of current bags in expected to double in the next decade.
- They have never decreased – unlike gold.
- The myth of the Birkin is helped by the fact Hermes control the amount of bags made every year, making the bag a highly desired commodity. The bag is also only sold to special clients of Hermes.
- However, getting your hand on a Birkin is a tad difficult, even without the whole wating list issue. First, the bags cost well over €9000 and that’s a conservative figure when you hear the story of the Birkin that sold for around €200,000 at auction last year.
So next time tears into you for not being the savviest with the piggy bank, just say you’re giving some serious consideration to investing. In a bag.
Via Business Insider
Meet the knitted dress, the only fashion trend your wardrobe...
Lynn Enright senses new beginnings, and a sign that she should start perusing bikinis online.
We cannot get enough of knitwear sets at the minute, particular in these ice-cream shades.
Struggling to style your wardrobe for these chilly last days...
The North Face jackets have sold out everywhere, but when...
In need of some extra space for your clothes but...