Image / Living / Food & Drink
Hungry? This super-easy vegan bruschetta is the bomb
Elevating boring old toast into a truly nourishing, light meal, this easy-to-prepare, fresh flavour hit is protein-rich and bursting with green goodness. And that vegan pesto is just magic!
Courgette ribbon, white bean smash & vegan pesto bruschetta
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 x 400g tin cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- sea salt flakes, to serve
- 2 lime wedges, to serve
For the vegan pesto
- 1 large bunch basil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 small bunch coriander leaves
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 35g raw pistachio nuts
- 120ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- To make the vegan pesto, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the courgette ribbons and beans in a large bowl, add a quarter of the pesto and toss to coat.
- Divide the remaining pesto between the toasts, spreading it over the bread, then top with the courgette ribbons and beans. Drizzle with olive oil, scatter over some extra basil leaves and sea salt flakes and serve with lime wedges.
Extracted from The Yoga Kitchen Plan by Kimberly Parsons (Quadrille). Photography © Laura Edwards.