18th Oct 2020
One of the things many of us have been doing more of during this pandemic is cooking. But, if you want to opt-out of queuing to get your food shop for an extra day, it’s always handy to have a recipe that can be made using the bulk of what we have in our cupboards already. This Kidney Bean Curry (or Rajma Masala) by award-winning food stylist Shilpa Razniewska of @Soulful_and_Healthy is utterly delicious, and so simple to prepare
What you need:
- 1 tin kidney beans
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (or you can use freshly chopped)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 clove of garlic finely grated
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil or vegetable oil (or use 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp oil)
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped (optional)
- Cooked basmati rice to serve
- Salt to taste
How to prepare:
- In a non-stick pan, add the oil or butter, once the oil is hot (medium heat), add the onion and saute? for two mins until brown but not burnt.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for 30 seconds. (Skip this if using powdered ginger and garlic, you can add it along with the rest of the spices)
- Add the chopped or tinned tomatoes, let the tomatoes cook for about 5 mins, then add the kidney beans with all the spices, stir well and let it cook for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with basmati rice.
In fact, cast and crew even had to go back and reshoot the initial ‘Bridgerton’ season one ending. Anything Bridgerton-related...
Forget the takeaway, try this healthy pad Thai option instead. Delish.Pad Thai probably isn’t Thai. The Thai authorities popularised it...
The homeowners run auction house On The Square Belfast so of course their family home is filled with vintage style...
‘Game of Thrones’ may be over, but there’s a prequel already in the works and it will definitely fill the...
Get your home in the spooky spirit, without sacrificing its style.
We all love a jaunt down Aldi’s famous middle aisle, and the popular grocery chain is hoping to delight with...
‘It was a campaign about reproductive rights. But it transcends and becomes a question about how we treat women in our society’
Did you catch ‘The 8th’ last night? The powerful documentary details Ireland’s 30-year fight for women’s rights and we spoke...