Supper Club: Oven-baked fish parcels and roasted wedges
Looking for a fast, easy, healthy and tasty dish for tonight or your weekly fish splurge? This one is hassle-free and just want you need.
These parcels are a very quick and easy way to cook fish and there is no washing up! Use any type of fish you like with any combination of flavours, or you can also use a thinned chicken fillet instead of the fish if you’d prefer. I like to use cod or haddock for this recipe but you can use any white fish.
Fish Parcels + Oven-Roasted Potato Wedges
For the fish
- 2x150g fillets of cod/haddock (skinned)
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 pinch of herbes de Provence for each piece of fish
- a splash of white wine
For the wedges
- 4 medium-sized rooster potatoes
salt and pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the potatoes into wedge-shaped pieces. Place on a baking tray, season and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook for 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Looking for a fast, easy, healthy and tasty dish for tonight or your Friday fish splurge? This one is hassle free and just want you need.Cut out a rectangular piece of parchment or baking paper large enough to hold the fish and wrap it up. Place the fish in the centre and place the other ingredients you are using on top.
- Wrap up tightly and ensure the steam cannot escape.
- Place on a baking tray and put in oven for 15-20 minutes (this depends on the thickness of the fish you are using). Check the fish is cooked through before serving.
- Serve the fish with all the juices, a portion of wedges and some vegetables of your choice.
Tip: For other suggestions to use with the fish, try half a red onion, eight cherry tomatoes, a pinch of dried oregano and 30g of crumbled feta.
Extracted from Good Food, No Stress by Tara Walker (Mercier Press). Photographs by Rob Kerkvliet.