Natasha Corrett's creamy tahini lentils with drippy boiled eggs is the perfect post-workout feast.
Quick, simple and packed full of protein. This is a great portable recipe for eating after a workout and will give you loads of energy for the rest of the day. I also like this with some fresh spinach leaves or rocket to fill it out a bit and get in some extra greens! Delicious with chargrilled broccoli on the side.
Creamy tahini lentils with boiled eggs
- 2 eggs
- 15g dill, roughly chopped
- 5g mint, roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- 240g cooked Puy lentils (120g uncooked weight); packets of precooked lentils also work brilliantly
- zest of 1 lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh mint, to garnish
For the tahini dressing
- 3 tbsp tahini
- juice of – lemon
- a pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- To boil the eggs, put them in a pan of boiling water for 7 minutes. Run them under cold water and peel the shells off.
- Add the dill and mint to the Puy lentils with the lemon zest and a pinch of pepper.
- Make the dressing by either blitzing up all the ingredients along with 5 tbsp water in a blender, or whisking with a fork in a cup.
- Drizzle the tahini dressing over the lentils, slice the eggs in half and place on top. Garnish with a little more pepper and a few fresh mint leaves.
Extracted from Honestly Healthy in a Hurry by Natasha Corrett (Hodder & Stoughton), out now.