Make a simple healthy swap with these tasty coconut-crumb chicken goujons.
These gorgeous goujons have all the satisfying crunch of breadcrumbed chicken, but the deliciously light almond and coconut coating makes them a much healthier option.
Coconut chicken goujons
Serves up to 4 people
- 1 chicken breast per person, cut into strips
- 100g ground almonds
- 1 beaten egg
- 100g desiccated coconut
- a good pinch of dried herbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Get three small bowls and place the ground almonds in the first bowl, beaten egg in the second and desiccated coconut in the third. Add the dried herbs to the coconut bowl.
- Season the strips of chicken with salt and pepper and toss into the ground almonds. Toss into the beaten egg and then finally into the coconut.
- Place onto an oven tray and bake for approximately 15 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
Recipe Lesley Tumulty. Photography Nathalie Marquez Courtney. Styling Marlene Wessels.