Catch the finals and a Wimbledon-themed menu at The Marker Hotel’s rooftop this weekend
11th Jul 2019
The Marker Hotel’s rooftop bar has unveiled a brand new menu for the celebrations, featuring everything you could want for a Wimbledon weekend
Wimbledon 2019 has served up some amazing moments so far, from legends like Serena Williams and Andy Murray making the perfect dream team to rising star Cori Gauff, who beat her lifetime idol Venus Williams at just 15 years of age.
Wimbledon is the quintessential summertime sporting event, and the whole experience is almost as important as the matches themselves at this stage. The Pimms, the strawberries and cream, the chilled-out atmosphere and the summer heat – all essential Wimbledon fare, but a little hard to find on this side of the pond.
Related: Why tennis player Cori Gauff is an
incredible role model for teenage girls
But just in time for the hotly-anticipated finals this weekend, the Marker Hotel’s rooftop bar has unveiled a brand new menu for the celebrations, featuring everything you could want for a Wimbledon weekend (they can’t guarantee the sunshine, but maybe we’ll get lucky).
The Rooftop of The Marker Hotel will be the place to be this finals weekend, as they will have two large screens in situ showcasing the action as it happens on finals weekend. Keep up to date on all the fixtures while taking in the views of Dublin’s city skyline.
The beauty of enjoying the finals in a beautiful bar setting is the great menu of drinks right on hand. The Marker has three perfectly paired drinks to wash down the excitement of the day, and we’re going to have a hard time choosing…
- Pimm’s and fresh fruit: A classic for a reason. The essential Wimbledon drink is available by the jug at the Marker this weekend (€32), served ice cold and with plenty of toppings.
- Perfect Serve cocktail (€14): A brand new creation for 2019’s finals, this sounds divine. Pink gin, Italicus, strawberry puree, lemonade, and finished with fresh strawberries to give a nod to Wimbledon tradition.
- Móinéir Irish Strawberry Wine (€12 per glass): A new addition to the Marker’s extensive wine list especially for Wimbledon, this summery wine is made pressing fresh Irish strawberries and leaving them to carefully ferment.
There’s no doubt you’ll be peckish over the two days, but the Marker has this covered with their menu of treats for the weekend.
- Strawberries and cream (€9.50): Where would Wimbledon be without it? And as a bonus, the dish will be complimentary to everyone watching the final on the big screens this weekend.
- Grazing plates (from €26): Perfect if there’s a group of tennis lovers, the Marker’s grazing plates serve three-four people and include options for everyone, with the sea, soil and farm all represented in the delicious bites.
- Ice cream macaron sandwiches (from €4): The ultimate summer indulgence, these lovely bites come in three flavours – vanilla, passion fruit and cocoa.
Try your luck
If you’re feeling lucky this weekend, the Marker is offering the chance to win a round of drinks on the Rooftop for you and three friends. All you have to do to enter is predict the winners for the Wimbledon finals, and a winner will be drawn after the final match.
The full Wimbledon menu is available at themarkerhoteldublin.com
Read more: Serena Williams’ unretouched magazine photos are glorious
Read more: Why Cori Gauff is an incredible role model for teenage girls
Read more: Why Katie Taylor should make us rethink how we support women in sport
Holograms of the children she may never have dance across Dearbhla Crosses' mind as an MS diagnosis and Covid-19 are unwelcome reminders of her biological clock ticking.
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
This healthy fish and courgette chips recipe from Jane Kennedy...
‘Femertising’ is big business. Brands are increasingly taking advantage of...