Catch the finals and a Wimbledon-themed menu at The Marker Hotel’s rooftop this weekend
11th Jul 2019
The Marker Hotel’s rooftop bar has unveiled a brand new menu for the celebrations, featuring everything you could want for a Wimbledon weekend
Wimbledon 2019 has served up some amazing moments so far, from legends like Serena Williams and Andy Murray making the perfect dream team to rising star Cori Gauff, who beat her lifetime idol Venus Williams at just 15 years of age.
Wimbledon is the quintessential summertime sporting event, and the whole experience is almost as important as the matches themselves at this stage. The Pimms, the strawberries and cream, the chilled-out atmosphere and the summer heat – all essential Wimbledon fare, but a little hard to find on this side of the pond.
Related: Why tennis player Cori Gauff is an
incredible role model for teenage girls
But just in time for the hotly-anticipated finals this weekend, the Marker Hotel’s rooftop bar has unveiled a brand new menu for the celebrations, featuring everything you could want for a Wimbledon weekend (they can’t guarantee the sunshine, but maybe we’ll get lucky).
The Rooftop of The Marker Hotel will be the place to be this finals weekend, as they will have two large screens in situ showcasing the action as it happens on finals weekend. Keep up to date on all the fixtures while taking in the views of Dublin’s city skyline.
The beauty of enjoying the finals in a beautiful bar setting is the great menu of drinks right on hand. The Marker has three perfectly paired drinks to wash down the excitement of the day, and we’re going to have a hard time choosing…
- Pimm’s and fresh fruit: A classic for a reason. The essential Wimbledon drink is available by the jug at the Marker this weekend (€32), served ice cold and with plenty of toppings.
- Perfect Serve cocktail (€14): A brand new creation for 2019’s finals, this sounds divine. Pink gin, Italicus, strawberry puree, lemonade, and finished with fresh strawberries to give a nod to Wimbledon tradition.
- Móinéir Irish Strawberry Wine (€12 per glass): A new addition to the Marker’s extensive wine list especially for Wimbledon, this summery wine is made pressing fresh Irish strawberries and leaving them to carefully ferment.
There’s no doubt you’ll be peckish over the two days, but the Marker has this covered with their menu of treats for the weekend.
- Strawberries and cream (€9.50): Where would Wimbledon be without it? And as a bonus, the dish will be complimentary to everyone watching the final on the big screens this weekend.
- Grazing plates (from €26): Perfect if there’s a group of tennis lovers, the Marker’s grazing plates serve three-four people and include options for everyone, with the sea, soil and farm all represented in the delicious bites.
- Ice cream macaron sandwiches (from €4): The ultimate summer indulgence, these lovely bites come in three flavours – vanilla, passion fruit and cocoa.
Try your luck
If you’re feeling lucky this weekend, the Marker is offering the chance to win a round of drinks on the Rooftop for you and three friends. All you have to do to enter is predict the winners for the Wimbledon finals, and a winner will be drawn after the final match.
The full Wimbledon menu is available at themarkerhoteldublin.com
Read more: Serena Williams’ unretouched magazine photos are glorious
Read more: Why Cori Gauff is an incredible role model for teenage girls
Read more: Why Katie Taylor should make us rethink how we support women in sport
Actress Julianne Moore is tired of all the cliched tropes about female ageing. The way we speak about it; the...
Don’t miss this year’s IMAGE Business Summit, with an expert line-up, skills masterclasses, keynote addresses and more.Back by popular demand,...
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
Despite some media coverage, the beds are actually focused on sustainability as opposed to intimacy restrictions. Recently, distance runner Paul...
Approximately 80% of people with asthma also suffer from hayfever, which can make summer days a nightmare. These three alternative...
This is a great way to get a juicy roast chicken, bursting with flavour. Bord Bia’s Spatchcock Chicken...
‘We have not heeded the warnings sufficiently’: The health emergency we’ve ignored while focusing on the pandemic
The climate change debate has been going on for so long its become white noise. But this week, the effects...