24th Sep 2019
This is your opportunity to join the innovative, exciting, award-winning IMAGE Media team!
IMAGE Media is the number one place for Irish women to access premium lifestyle content. Our goal is to reach every tuned-in woman in the country with our 360 degree experiential, printed, social, video and digital offerings.
We are currently seeking an Acting Digital Editor (maternity cover Oct-Mar).
The successful candidate will have the instincts and practical skills to expand our audience while staying true to our brand. We’re looking for someone who has experience growing traffic, is skilled in the dark arts of social media and is as passionate about Irish designers as they are about new restaurants, gender equality and the new series of The Crown.
Who you are:
- You’re a senior experienced editor who is passionate about digital media. You have proven experience in generating and engaging online audiences and managing a team.
- You will work with the Deputy Digital Editor, beauty and fashion editor/director, in-house Staff Writers, Social Media Manager, Branded Content Editor and a pool of freelance contributors.
- You are a strong editor, brimming with ideas and passionate about curating the ideas of a team to write top-quality content in line with the IMAGE Media brand and talking to our audience.
- You have a strong understanding of editorial integrity in a media environment.
- You understand how to grow and engage a digital following, how to manage social profiles, and you thrive on developing content strategies tailored for a social audience.
- Editorial leadership: you eat, think, breathe content relevant to IMAGE.ie informing your own creative ideas and enabling you to commission and curate the ideas of a team.
- Team management skills: you are excited to manage a team of passionate, committed in-house writers.
- Copy editing: You have already noticed three variations in style in this post and it annoys you! You have an eye for detail and can edit swiftly for online, ensuring a smooth reader journey on-site and on social.
- Legal and ethics: You are confident editing potentially sensitive material and are up-to-date on all defamation procedures.
- Brand: You will reflect the values of IMAGE Media in all commissioning and editing.
- Audience development: You are up-to-date on relevant industry trend and comfortable using Google Analytics and other analytics and monitoring tools.
- Systems: Knowledge of WordPress, SEO (including technical SEO skills, meta-data, keyword research, content strategy and link-building tactics) and digital media best practices.
- Social media: Experience designing social media strategies; building site traffic via social; experience using social scheduling software (Sprout).
- Creative: You have ideas for developing new audiences and improving the reader journey online.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the Acting Digital Editor, leading and managing the team on a daily basis to ensure IMAGE.ie is the leading space for Irish women to access premium lifestyle content.
- You will champion the IMAGE.ie brand and Irish women
- You will develop talent and skills on the team, encouraging career development and camaraderie
- You will monitor the website, social and email analytics to provide regular reports and support the leadership, editorial, production, commercial and client services teams at IMAGE Media.
- You will ensure constant growth in traffic and engagement on site and social, working with the Social Media Manager.
- You will be informed about competitor activity and ensure we lead the field across our key pillars of fashion, beauty, business and lifestyle.
- You will collaborate with departments to create engagement plans and strategies to increase reach and impact for major projects, including events.
- You will support engagement initiatives and maintain projects that involve reader-driven or responsive content.
To be successful at IMAGE Media, you are:
- Professional and self-motivated
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment
- Agile and flexible
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to lead and enable your team
- Inspired to push boundaries
- Able to work on your own initiative, but at the heart of it you’re a team player.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV to l[email protected]
And if it sounds like someone you know, please share this exciting opportunity with them!
It may be the most unifying show on television, but shows like Love Island are promoting some pretty damaging messages....
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
Despite some media coverage, the beds are actually focused on sustainability as opposed to intimacy restrictions. Recently, distance runner Paul...
There’s a reason we love being reminded of things that happened in our past. Amanda Cassidy explores why our trips...
Wimbledon in 2021 and once again female athletes are singled out on the playing field, a great deal of the...
In a time when cool heads are needed – it’s more than the current heatwave that’s melting minds, writes Amanda...