IMAGE Media is looking for a suitable person to fill the role of IMAGE Social Media Manager and come and join our bustling team.
Minimum requirement before applying:
This role requires 5+ years of relevant experience in Social Media marketing, content-creation and copywriting ideally within a media organisation, marketing agency or in-house for a fashion/ beauty brand.
IMAGE Media is looking for a passionate, results driven, Social Media Manager to manage our various social media channels which include Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin & Twitter. We’re looking for a smart, results-oriented person to grow our community, drive audience engagement and most of all protect our brand(s). Our community means the world to us and this person will be responsible for some of its key touchpoints.
We have built one of the largest and most engaged communities of women in Ireland through our commitment to producing amazing real-time events (including the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards, IMAGE Business Club Live events and the IMAGE Business of Beauty Awards) and premium content both online and in print.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years’ experience working as a Social Media Manager and leading a social strategy and will oversee the management of our social media communities. This is a role for an experienced, creative, strategically-minded Social Media Manager with an analytical flair. This person will be embedded with the IMAGE Digital team and partner seamlessly with the other departments here at IMAGE Media.
This role is big picture – overseeing social storytelling and content distribution – and is hands-on – with daily posting and scheduling specifically on Instagram, and LinkedIn. This person has an eye for IMAGE visuals, strong writing skills, social storytelling skills and understands the IMAGE tone of voice. The Social Media Manager will have a proven history of growing social audiences and knowledge of analytical tools.
This person understands how data can inform a smart editorial and social strategy, and is an expert at juggling multiple projects, managing deadlines, distilling social numbers into actionable insights, and advocating for strong social content across the organisation. This person should be up to date with all the current social trends and ideally competitors in the media space too. The ideal candidate has experience partnering with both Creative and Commercial. They will be a clear communicator and show sound judgement.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day posting, editing and optimisation of content on multiple social media platforms specifically on Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Master the IMAGE editorial tone of voice which may be different between social media platforms. Stay abreast of what is trending on social media and select imagery, video and visual content that engages audiences.
- Work closely with the digital team to plan content packaging, and brainstorm future content. Execute best-in-class social storytelling.
- Stay on the cutting edge of new technologies/ tools and burgeoning platforms. Identify and propose new social audience growth opportunities.
- Seamlessly integrate with different departments at IMAGE Media and guide teams daily on story positioning (for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn etc).
- Work closely with the Editorial Director and IMAGE Business Club Manager on the various subscription models at IMAGE Media. Liaise on a weekly basis and cross publish relevant subscription CTA on social media channels.
- Work on paid social strategy with the support of IMAGE digital marketing consultants, manage promotional budget for subscriptions and editorial/ traffic.
- Report on content performance and present social insights on a weekly basis while also nurturing communities on social platforms.
- Manage live social media strategy and coverage for off-site IMAGE owned events (including the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards, IMAGE Business Club Live events and the IMAGE Business of Beauty Awards).
- Work closely with the commercial team to make sure commercial posts are in line with IMAGE commercial guidelines, and adjust social strategy with focus on meeting client KPIs.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Relevant social media experience, preferably with experience working for a digital publisher or media organisation.
- Strong writing skills for captions, headlines and visual storytelling with a proven ability in visual storytelling that drives engagement.
- Strong editorial judgement and community management experience.
- Excellent organisational skills, focus, and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, LinkedIn & Twitter Ads Manager with a key understanding of paid social strategy.
- Experience with video editing and asset creation. Used to working with the Adobe suite.
- Able to work outside standard working hours (occasional evenings and weekends)
- Digital Marketing expertise a bonus.
- Graphic Design expertise a bonus.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to:. Closing date for applications is Friday, 16th September