From Triumph to Spanx, we’ve got Christmas unwrapped at Arnotts…
With the party season now in full swing, we’re dashing here there and everywhere in our figure fitting dresses. It’s the ideal time to invest in some confidence boosting shapewear to ensure we look and feel our very best this Christmas!
This Christmas, with the help of Arnotts Lingerie Department, their expert staff will help find and define your ideal shape. What’s more, if you’re schedule won’t afford you the time to shop in store; the availability of gorgeous, top branded shapewear on Arnotts.ie is second to none.
Wacoal Contour Shaping Bustier €94 (available in store) & Wacoal Contour Shaping Slip Nude €72.50
Enjoy the experience of Arnotts’ in store complimentary fitting service. We can guarantee you’ll leave with the perfect fit, an air of confidence and a smile upon your face.With over 75% of women wearing the wrong size bra the team at Arnotts will guide you through what suits you best and spend as much time with you as you feel you need.
Buying shapewear has never been easier or more of a treat! Here, we’re all eyes on a selection of gorgeous key pieces from top brands, Chantelle & Wacoal and industry leaders, Triumph & Spanx, all modeled by the stunning Louise O’Reilly.
For those who’ve yet to experience their goodies, Triumph have been in the business of tailoring female confidence for over 125 years. Known for their innovation and commitment to the perfect fit, Triumph are all about the sensual, the stylish and the confident.
If in the past you’ve found yourself a little bemused about where to start, fear not; Triumph’s shapewear expert Monica Harrington has shared with us her essential dos and don’ts for finding the perfect fit.
1. DO wear your correct size (follow your dress size, i.e. if you’re a 14, try a 14!)
2. DO step into your shapewear as it’s easier to get in and out of.
3. DO try on before you buy.
4. DO sit down in your shapewear before buying to ensure that you are comfortable.
5. DO wear a shapewear style which is suitable to underpin your particular outfit (if you’re wearing a figure hugging dress a shaping dress will create a smooth looking silhouette).
1. DON’T squeeze into a smaller size, as you will not get the full benefit of the shaping.
2. DON’T put your shapewear over your head when you put it on as you may get a little stuck!
3. DON’T pull at your shapewear with sharp finger nails when putting on or taking off, as this may rip the fabric.
4. DON’T moisturise your body as it causes the silicone edging on your shapewear to slip and it won’t keep you in place for long!
5. DON’T limit your shapewear to a special occasion, follow these do’s and don’ts and you’ll find it’s comfortable enough to wear everyday!
As for Spanx? We love their inspiring story. Spanx founder Sara Blakely was getting ready for a party when she realized she didn’t have the right undergarment to provide a blemish-free look under white pants. A problem we’ve all had yes? Armed with scissors and sheer genius, she cut the feet off her control top pantyhose and from there, the Spanx revolution was born. With an amazing selection of problem-solving products all available in Arnotts, we simply can’t pick our favourite! SPANX are shaping the world by focusing on one simple but significant mission: To help women feel great about themselves and their potential. We love it!
So, this Christmas, indulge in some essential but oh-so-special shapewear and what’s more, sign up for an Arnotts Wondercard (details on how to get your hands on one here) and start earning points to spend on your next shapewear shop!
Makeup by Jane Monahan, Bobbi Brown, Arnotts.