06th Aug 2015
Can we get a drumroll? A red carpet? An ambassador role at some of industry’s most prestigious fashion houses? The Vanity Fair Best Dressed List for 2015 has arrived and we’re sure some people are raging they weren’t included. Others, like Rihanna, are probably toasting their risk-taking ?naked? dresses on a beach somewhere. We’re sure Amal Clooney is working today with a very smug grin while simultaneously defending a bunch of human rights. A lot of people who didn’t vote for the Tories in the last UK general election are probably pursing their lips at David Cameron’s wife Samantha ruling the list of Best Dressed Women.
When it comes to men, Bill Nighy’s suits are given the recognition they deserve and Our Very Own Michael Fassbender made the Hollywood list. Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter top the couples list, and the most upper middle class look possible list while they’re at it. FKA Twigs is rightfully declared an ?original? and the amount of royals in existence around the world with credit cards will have you wondering if various revolutions actually did happen.
Have a gander at the lists below.
- Samantha Cameron
- Taylor Swift
- Misty Copeland
- The Countess of Wessex
- Amal Clooney
- Charlotte Casiraghi
- Queen Letizia of Spain
- Mellody Hobson
- Francesca Amfitheatrof
- Bill Nighy, actor
- Stavros Niarchos III, financier
- Ik? Ud?, artist
- William Ivey Long, costume designer
- Jonathan Ive, designer
- Prince Carl Philip of Sweden (Royal)
- Jonathan Tisch (Hotelier)
- Prince Harry (Royal)
- Russel Wilson (Football player)
- Robert Couturier (Architect)
- Alicia Vikander
- Eddie Redmayne
- Emma Stone
- Gugu Mbatha-Raw
- Sienna Miller
- Fan Bingbing
- Michael Fassbender
- Charlize Theron
- Emma Watson
- Diane Kruger
- Sophie Hunter & Benedict Cumberbatch
- Thom Browne & Andrew Bolton (Designer and curator of the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art)
- Beatrice Borromeo & Pierre Casiraghi (Heiress reporter and royal)
- Jemma Kidd & Arthur Wellesley (Designer of pyjamas and vague royal with financial career)
- Azzedine Ala?a
- Jenna Lyons
- FKA Twigs
- Caroline Issa (Fashion director, TANK magazine)
- Zac Posen (Designer)
- Maxwell Osborne & Dao-Yi Cho (Designers)
- Victoria Beckham
- Nick Wooster (Fashion consultant)
- Giovanna Battaglia (Fashion editor at Vogue Japan)
- Peter Manning (Designer)
- Pamela Golbin (Curator)
- Lauren Santo Domingo (Moda Operandi founder)
- Harold Koda (Curator, Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art)
Hall of Fame
- Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned of Qatar (Essentially a royal)
What have we learned today about style, and life in general? Being a royal helps.
Read the list in its detailed entirety here.
Via Vanity Fair
‘Normal People’ one year on: How the TV show influenced pandemic fashion (and not just the GAA shorts)
‘Normal People’ celebrated its one-year anniversary yesterday which prompted us...
From the IMAGE Annual, Rose Mary Roche looks back on...
Emerging knitwear designer Pearl Reddington is one of the cool...
We cannot get enough of knitwear sets at the minute, particular in these ice-cream shades.
As the light in this long, dark tunnel continues to...