Jo rounds up the best zoo-inspired pieces…
Call it the safari effect, but we’ve fallen in love with an animal collective. Ever since Mulberry declared pugs a catwalk essential, we’ve been craving furry friends to add a little wildlife to our wardrobes. As Cara cuddles up with parakeets. Louis Vuitton’s statuesque creature comfort comes by way of golden giraffes.
In London, Ryan Lo masked models in bestial disguise, channelling a pack mentality and mammalian power. Indeed, Mexican Shamans have long proclaimed the power of our inner animal spirit, our Nahual, while the Chinese zodiac’s animals rule our personalities from birth. So fasten ear lobes with a tiger or bird, and embrace the art of animal instinct.
- Kenzo Loafers, €312 at Harvey Nichols
- Swimsuit, Mara Hoffman, €336 at Harvey Nichols
- Prism Collection by Katy Perry, at Claire’s Accessories
- Earrings, €58 at Anthropologie
- White Trapeze Flamingo skort, Vika Gazinskaya, €1,375 at avenue32.com
- T-shirt, 3.1 Phillip Lim, €335 at avenue32.com
- Bangle, Alexis Bittar, €330 at Loulerie
Jo Linehan @jo_linehan
If luxury-goods companies are to survive, they must take swift action to shape their digital future, writes Ashley McDonnell
Meet the knitted dress, the only fashion trend your wardrobe...
Give your pandemic wardrobe — you know, your Zoom collars and walking outfits — a royal update with the unwavering fashion trends of the year; anything Princess Diana wore in the Eighties.
Winter doesn’t have to mean muted When the outside world...