Updating your winter wardrobe is one of the many exciting things we get to do when the seasons change. The key is to find the right pieces that take the clothes you already have into winter with’relative ease. You want to’re-think?new outfits around one essential piece; ?that’s the secret to gliding from one season to another, especially one like winter, where layering is key.
We’ve picked out 15 gorgeous seasonal style saviours, upon which you can build a superb and extremely stylish winter wardrobe. Making your life that bit easier, we’re thrilled to tell you that you can buy them all under one roof at Dublin’s?Dundrum Town Centre. Hurrah!
1. Worn with denims at the weekend or paired with a pencil skirt for the office, this classic poplin shirt will serve you well, season after season. Blue poplin shirt, €95 at Gant.
2. A versatile knit is a must have for autumn. This neat-fitting pastel version will add a much-needed pop of colour to muted neutrals. Pink Sweater, €54.95 at GAP
3. Incorporating texture and colour to a winter wardrobe is essential. This gorgeous rust-coloured faux fur jacket does both jobs in one. Faux-fur zip-front jacket, €149 at H&M
4. A classic trench never goes out of style. Buy now and wear forever. Trench coat, €89.95 at GAP
5. Once only a collegiate favourite, backpacks have been given a grown-up makeover. ?The convenience of these, chic, hands-free holdalls make them a perfect option for busy women on the go. Merlot studded backpack, €350 at Michael Kors.
6. Cropped is the trouser shape of the season. This check pair has a stylishly boyish vibe. Pair with something fluid and feminine, such as a silk shirt. Check cropped trousers, €48 at Next
7. Culottes are a super-stylish alternative to full skirts. The soft blue denim fabric makes them a great option for work and weekends. Simply style accordingly. Denim Culottes, €50 at Oasis.?
8. This gorgeous checked coat elevates your look thanks to its original design but keeps your outfit sophisticated with its beautiful classic cut. This piece will work brilliantly, over a wrap dress as easily as jeans. Boucl? wool coat, €89.95 at Zara
9. A plain outfit is easily lifted with a stylish belt. A hint of animal print always looks effortlessly chic. Animal-print gold buckle belt, €35 at Dune
10. The mix of textured felt and smooth suede adds interest to a traditional desert boot. Great for adding a fashion-forward twist to your weekend wear. Felt and suede desert boots, €163 at Clarks.
11. This jersey shirt jumper combination is perfect to wear during the weekend with your favourite denim or can easily be worn to the office, the collar adding a bit of sophistication. Jersey shirt jumper, €65 at French Connection.
12. Every woman should own a classic riding boot. Over jeans or under a skirt, they exude easy sophistication. Black riding boots, €160 at Ecco
13. This pretty dress is so versatile. Wear with suede boots and shearling to embrace this season’s boho vibe, or style it with black tights and T-bar sandals for a more retro look. Print dress, €270 at Karen Millen.?
14. An elegant print throw-over is an essential part of any winter wardrobe, as it offers an easy way to break up blocks of neutrals and add interest and individuality to an outfit. Print kimono tp, €135 at Mint Velvet.?
15. A key piece for this season, a sleeveless coat is terrific for layering over chunky knits or cropped leather jackets. We love the super-stylish faux-fur ?trim here. Sleeveless coat with faux fur trim, €100 at River Island.