17th Mar 2020
Going back to basics isn’t something we get to attempt very often when it comes to our skin. We don’t have the time to stray from our tried and tested routine. But now, with a little more time (and boredom) on our hands…
While you’re at home with less than usual to do, something you might be able to do to distract yourself for an hour is assess and refine your skincare routine.
Here are some ways to go about it – all the while not spending a penny and importantly, not leaving your house!
- Instead of overloading your skin with products, make a list of things you know work for you: one cleanser, toner, serum, eye cream and moisturiser. Try to just stick to those for a week, and detox your skin from chopping and changing.
2. Leave your skin skincare free for a day. Cleanse and hydrate the night before which a rich oil, and the next morning don’t cleanse again. Let the natural oils from your skin work away for the day.
3. If you’ve ever had a problem with a skincare product you thought made you react, you can test that out by adding one product per day to your basic routine. Whichever day makes your skin react, that’s the product you’re not jiving with.
4. Given that there’s a lot of solo self-isolation going on, embrace those spot treatments you might hate wearing every other day!
5. Make time for some things you might not normally do – things like facial rolling with a jade roller and using masks that require washing off.
6. Teach yourself some facial massage using YouTube tutorials. My favourite is the very easy to follow one that Lisa Eldridge, make-up artist to the stars, did a few years back. Still the best and easiest and most memorable, in my opinion.
Read more: Why you should stop messing with your skincare routine and keep things simple
Read more: A dermatologist’s guide to what you actually need in your skincare routine
Read more: Supermarket Skincare That Works?
The actress – who will play Anderson in Pam &...
Beauty writer Sali Hughes recently made the move from brunette...
Ready to return to eyeshadow? Look to Gigi Hadid and make a statement with vibrant pigments.
Itchy eyes from allergies? Stick these under-eye masks in the...
Will the future see us unifying elements of our humanity rather than the distinctions of gender?