Image / Living / Food & Drink
Supper Club: Peanutty rainbow noodles
Peanut butter, ready noodles and fresh veg make the basis for this quick and easy dish.
Rainbow Noodles with Chilli Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp Meridian peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy or Meridian tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1-2 red chillies, finely diced
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp nut oil
- 1 banana shallot, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced into ribbons with a veg peeler
- 2 handfuls soya beans (frozen is fine)
- 4-5 broccoli florets, finely sliced
- large handful of rainbow chard (or other leafy greens) finely sliced
- 500g fresh egg or gluten-free noodles such as soba noodles
- 1 lime
- In a bowl, combine the Meridian Peanut Butter, soy, palm sugar, chillies and hot stock. Stir to make a smooth sauce then set aside.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat the oil until smoking hot. Cook the shallots, garlic and all the vegetables, apart from the chard, stirring continuously for 5 minutes until everything starts to soften.
- Add in the noodles and chard and tip over half of the peanut butter mixture, stir well to coat everything and heat through.
- Divide between four bowls, squeeze over some lime juice and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Add prawns or chicken for an extra protein hit.
Meridian products are sold in supermarkets and health food stockists nationwide.