Supper Club: This chorizo and bean soup is the perfect winter warmer
For a recipe that's full of warmth, try this chorizo and bean soup from Hannah Duxbury, Head of Culinary at HelloFresh Ireland. It's like a hug in a bowl.
This recipe is filled with in-season courgettes and leeks (when they’re at their most delicious!), and Spanish chorizo to bring in those authentic international flavours that can instantly transform any dish. It’s super quick to put together – perfect as an after-work meal, packed with flavour!
Chorizo and bean soup
To serve 4
- 200g chorizo
- 2 packs cannellini beans
- 1 leek
- 2 courgettes
- 10g parsley
- 1 sachet Italian herbs
- 2 packs tomato paste
- 2 sachets vegetable stock
- 50g grated Italian-style hard cheese
- 2 sachets dried chilli flakes
- Prep the veg. Start by trimming the root and dark green leafy part from the leek. Thinly slice.
- Trim the courgettes, then quarter lengthways. Chop into 1cm chunks.
- Roughly chop half the parsley, stalks and all.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pot (for the soup) on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the leek and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the leek until softened for 4-5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chorizo and fry until browned for 4-5 mins. Make sure to cook the chorizo thoroughly.
- Add half the dried Italian herbs, the courgettes and cannellini beans. Cook for 1 min, stirring frequently.
- Add tomato paste, stock and 1litre water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 mins, or until the vegetables are tender.
Stir in the dried chilli flakes (use less if you don’t like spice).
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Dish up spoonfuls of healthy, hearty vegetable, cannellini bean and chorizo soup.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated cheese.
Visit HelloFresh for more recipes, inspiration and other great baking/cooking tips.