23rd Aug 2020
A delicious soup will always cure what ails you; this scrumptious recipe by Sadie’s Kitchen (a multi-award winning Irish food company that specialises in bone broth) is a classic. It contains their newest beef broth which gives this French Onion Soup a real depth of flavour. One for tasty Sunday lunches.
What you need:
- 60g salted butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1kg of white onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 250ml dry white wine
- 4 packs of Sadie’s Kitchen Boostin Beef Bone Broth (or 1.5l of beef stock)
- 4 large slices of french bread (sourdough also works well)
- 150g gruyere cheese, grated
How to prepare:
- Melt the butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large heavy-based pan. Add the onion and saute until they begin to turn soft and translucent.
- Sprinkle in the sugar and cook until caramelised, stirring occasionally. The onions are done when they are golden and soft (approximately 20 minutes). Stay with them so they do not burn.
- Add the garlic and flour and stir.
- Gradually add in the wine and bone broth, increase the heat to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer. Cover and leave for 20 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering toast the bread, before piling on the grated gruyere cheese. Pop under the grill until the cheese is melted.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and place a slice of bread across the top.
She also hit back at her sister and “so-called support system” in a new Instagram post explaining why she’s on...
These movies are sure to impress, at least if the reception they received at the Venice Film Festival is anything...
I mean, isn’t it best to be prepared in case your lotto numbers finally come up?
Planning what to do this weekend? Us too, and we have several dog-friendly activities in mind. It’s common knowledge at...
Irish Twitter has delivered yet again, this time delighting us with a hilarious thread of what it’s like to try...
Autumn always feels like the time of year where we start to get organised again, so if you’ve been trying to get back into the kitchen more often, some gorgeous new accessories are a great start.