Amazingly easy and wonderfully delicious. Plus, the mangetout contains all of your vitamin C for the day.
For those of you who just might be addicted to Pot Noodles, this is your healthy answer and it’s almost just as quick to make! Its lovely thick texture makes this a super-hearty meal, plus mangetout contains 128% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C per cup. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps the body develop resistance against infection.
Speedy “Pot Noodle” Soup
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2.5-cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 150g uncooked soba noodles
- 60g fresh beansprouts, plus a few extra to garnish
- 60g mangetout, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper?
- zest of 1 lime, to garnish, optional
- Bring the vegetable stock, ginger and garlic to the boil in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat before adding the noodles and lowering the heat to a simmer. Stir the noodles and then add in the beansprouts and mangetout. Continue to stir until you can see that the noodles are thoroughly cooked. Squeeze in the lime juice and chilli flakes and season to taste.
- Stir again before removing from the heat and serving in bowls, garnished with a few more beansprouts and lime zest, if using.
Extracted from Superfoods Superfast by Julie Montagu (Quadrille), out now. Photography by Yuki Sugiura.