Cara, the inflight publication of Aer Lingus, is looking for a new team member who is not only passionate about travel, but fervent about CMS and spread sheets!
The sky is the limit for an editorial assistant, who will primarily provide admin support to a small editorial team, juggling multiple tasks to tight deadlines. Our chosen candidate will be the backbone of Cara’s editorial operations, organising hotel stays, requesting flights and car hire, and managing itineraries.
These key responsibilities will be supplemented by writing tasks and proofreading, offering an entry-level insight into publishing.
What you’ll do:
- Provide internal admin support to the editor, deputy editor and art director, from organising travel to maintaining databases and CMS notebooks
- Provide external admin support to commissioned writers and photographers
- Research and fact-check people, places and events
- Liaise with tourist boards, hotels, tour operators, PR companies and Aer Lingus partners where applicable
- Picture research and sourcing
- Organise photo shoots
- Project manage Q&As
- Writing tasks, such as compile Top 10 travel lists and hotel round-ups
- Manage and meet all deadlines as assigned by the editor and/or deputy editor
- Be an integral member of the Cara team, representing both IMAGE and Aer Lingus at industry events
- Foster strong relationships within the industry and be constantly alert to travel and lifestyle trends
To be a successful candidate, you are:
- More organised than Marie Kondo, with a proven track record of admin support
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team
- Interested in, and inspired by, travel and tourism
- Detail oriented
- Well mannered and well able to negotiate with the hospitality sector
- Culturally curious and visually literate
- Grammatically savvy and wide of vocabulary
- Agile and flexible under pressure
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Ideally au fait with InDesign – a serious asset but not a prerequisite
- Available to start on April 1 – but are no April Fool
If this sounds like you, send a covering letter outlining your interest, your CV and samples of writing to [email protected] by no later than noon, March 8.