When it comes to your beloved beauty booty, there is nothing more infuriating than waking up to find your favourite palette – be it bronzer, eyeshadow, setting powder or antyhing else – cracked into pieces and now adding an unwanted sparkle to your carpet or the inside of your handbag. Fear not; we’ve all been there, but thankfully we have found a way to fix it, restoring your powder as new. Relax and follow the step by step battle plan to resolve all future make-up cracks.
- Once you have found your broken powder, you have to pop it out of the box and throw in a mixing bowl (you might want to use a toothpick for this one, to get as much out as you can).
- Once you’ve done that, smash it up into smaller pieces (it’s a little painful, but you can do it).
- Now for the clincher: pour a few drops of rubbing alcohol onto the powder and then cover it (don’t completely drown it). The product will absorb the liquid.
- Now put it all back into its original box, flattening it out and making it nice and compact (for this step put a cloth over the make-up and push it down so it’s really compact). Now give it some time to dry.
- The next morning you will be able to apply your powder like nothing ever happened. Magic.
This can also be a handy hack when you are getting near the end of your powdered products and you want to get the value out of every last bit.