1. The fashion industry isn’t as superficial as it leads us to believe. Chantelle Brown lit up the runway at Desigual and actress Jamie Brewer made history as the first Down Syndrome’s model to walk the catwalk at New York Fashion Week. (See above for her beautiful debut.)
2. The early bird catches the free Tresemme goodies. Damn my busy schedule.
3. A pom-pom beret might just change your life. Oversized pom-poms adorned berets at Desigual and will dramatically help to distract from a bad hair day.
4. It’s not all people-watching and hair-flicking at Fashion Week. People do work hard too. Here’s the picture desk hub in the Mercedes Benz tent.
5. Fairy tales do come true. The designers at Costello Tagliapietra reimagined their line for A/W with inspiration from forest trails. Impeccably tailored trouser suits in deep wine and evergreen separates’make for an inspirational collection worthy of a grown-up Gretel.
6. Braces are back! (As seen at Costello Tagliapietra)
Follow Rosie McMeel on Twitter for more NYFW updates.