12th Jan 2016
Everyone is all about the dresses with the red carpey awards season hits the headlines, but we thought the real sartorial winners at the 73rd Golden Globe Awards were the hairstylists. Up-dos reigned supreme for a change, while long hair was treated with sculpted reverance.
Below are step by step guides on how to achieve Jenna Dewan’s relaxed yet elegant up-do and Jennifer Lopez’s stop-and-stare blowdry by top Irish hair stylists.
Claudia Walsh, Davey Davey on Jenna Dewan’s embellished chignon
1. To achieve a similar look to Jenna’s glam upstyle prep wet hair with K?rastase Spray – Porter, blasting it dry.
2. When the hair is dry, curl the hair using a small to medium size tongs or wand.
3. Loosely shake out the waves using your fingers.
4. Apply L?Or?al Professionnel Tecni.ART Wild Stylers Cr?page de Chignon in horizontal lines starting around the face and working back to the nape of the neck.
5. Gently secure the hair into a loose bun at the nape of the neck using bobby pins.
6. Pull some random strands loose around the face to soften the look.
7. Finish with K?rastase Laque Couture all over for a polished and glossy hold.
8. For an added touch of red carpet glam, add an embellished hair pin to sit on top of the chignon.
Laura Lynch, Peter Mark, South William Street explains how to achieve?Jennifer Lopez’s voluminous blow-dry
1. To recreate Jennifer Lopez’s fabulous look you should start by applying K?rastase Lift Vertige to your roots followed by K?rastase Forme Fatale through the mid length and ends.
2. Then using your hands dry your hair off until its 80% dry. This will save you time and also prevent your arms aching before the important part starts.
3. Split your hair into two sections; one including everything above your temple and the other everything below. This makes working in smaller sections later on much easier.
4. Then using a large round brush working in fairly big sections start to blow dry your hair from the roots, rotating the brush to create movement as you go out to the end of each section. Through the top you should work all your sections up and away from you face using the same rotating technique this will give you added volume.
5. When you’ve finished, dress out your ends a little with K?rastase Touche Finale, a super-shine Polishing serum and fix into style at the end with K?rastase Laque Noire, an extra-strong fixing hairspray.
Take it from the pros. Do you ever see someone with really great brows and wonder, how? Being nosy about...
Call off the search! We finally found an everyday SPF that works with our skincare and beauty routine and helps...
Everything you hate about deodorant is solved with this minty natural roll-on one. You probably think I’ve lost it. That...
The best in cooling beauty to leave you soothed and refreshed.
The actress – who will play Anderson in Pam & Tommy – revealed her new look on Instagram over the...
The dermatologist guide to cleansing correctly, as apparently over half of us aren’t washing our faces properly.Do you remember, last...