No one should be torturing themselves on a Wednesday with excessive dinner faff, make life easy with these yummy Mexican eggs and minimal washing up.
Why not try these spicy Mexican eggs for a Wednesday night meal that is ready in the time it’ll take to decide what to watch on Netflix.
15-Minute One-Pan Mexican Eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50g chorizo, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 400g tins tomatoes
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- 4 free-range eggs
- Feta and chilli flakes to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large, wide frying pan. Peel the onions, garlic and chorizo. Cook on a medium heat until just softened. Stir in the spices and cook for a few more minutes. Add the tomatoes, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a little water if it’s drying out. Stir in the herbs and red kidney beans.
- Make 4 little wells in the sauce and break the eggs into the pan. Cover and cook until the egg whites are cooked but the yolks are still runny. Top with crumbled feta and chilli flakes.