Need some holiday recipe inspiration? These gourmet, Christmas treats are easy to make at home
15th Dec 2020
For the next four weeks, we’ll be releasing new Christmas recipes – each created by Kerrygold and renowned pastry chef Shane Smith. Follow along and learn how to bake delicious cakes, pies and edible gifts.
Nothing signifies the start of the holiday season more than freshly baked cakes, savoury pies and the excuse to indulge in endless sweets.
After all, how else are we supposed to cope with constant traffic jams and endless Christmas shopping?
We find comfort in coming home to loved ones, catching up over a warm meal and allowing ourselves to enjoy the easement of the holidays.
So, whether you’re looking to batch bake cookies for family and friends or craft a few tasteful, edible gifts for your favourite neighbours this season, be sure to join us in our upcoming Christmas recipe series.
Over the next few weeks, we will be releasing a new and delicious dessert, dinner or treat created in partnership with Kerrygold and master pastry chef Shane Smith.
They’ll be collaborating on inventive, seasonal favourites like these delicious cranberry and stuffing crackers (see recipe below).
Be sure to tune in next week for more tasty holiday recipes that are easy to make at home for the whole family.
Here is a flavourful teaser of what is to come.
Cranberry and Stuffing Christmas Crackers
(For 8 crackers)
For the pastry:
- 4 sheets of filo pastry
- 100g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
For the stuffing:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 200g Kerrygold Pure Irish Salted Butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried sage
- Salt & pepper
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 100g cranberry sauce
- For the stuffing, add the chopped onions and butter and cook over a medium heat until the onions have softened
- Add the sage, salt and pepper and the breadcrumbs
- Cook for a further 5 minutes until all the Kerrygold has soaked into the breadcrumbs
- Set aside to cool to room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 180C
- Take 4 sheets of filo pastry and cut in half, leaving you with 8 x 9-inch squares
- Brush the filo sheet with melted butter and at one end spoon on some stuffing and cranberry sauce
- Roll the filo sheet up like a sausage and pinch both ends to create a Christmas cracker shape
- Place these on a lined baking tray, brush over with some melted butter and pop in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown all over
- Once the crackers are golden brown, remove from the oven and serve with sides as you wish and enjoy!
Read more: Pastry chef’s home baking: Shane Smith’s jam drop cookies recipe
Read more: Four of the best Irish food boxes, delivered to your door
Read more: IMAGE readers love this Porridge Bread recipe (that costs less than €1 per loaf)