What to make tonight: a 15-minute vegan korma with the contents of your kitchen cupboard
11th Jan 2021
Super-quick to make and oh-so comforting, whip up this vegan korma with the contents of your kitchen cupboard and one or two fresh veggies.
Concentrated korma paste adds all of your favourite spices, with minimal effort. To ensure it’s completely vegan, check the ingredients to ensure the paste is free from dairy. This recipe asks for chard but spinach, kale or any kind of sautéd green
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 large leaves of Swiss chard, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp korma paste (ensure dairy-free)
- 400ml tin full-fat coconut milk
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- pinch of sea salt
- small handful of fresh coriander, roughly torn
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and soften over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and Swiss chard, and sauté for a further minute.
- Stir through the cumin and turmeric, then add the korma paste, coating the onion and Swiss chard.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chickpeas, then allow to bubble for 10 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and scatter with the coriander.
Extracted from 15 Minute Vegan Comfort Food by Katy Beskow (Quadrille, approx €17). Photography © Dan Jones.
Read more: This halloumi buddha bowl will become a regular on your lunch rota
Read more: Saturday night snack hacks: 16 delicious, healthy ideas to curb takeaway cravings
Read more: This dense and delicious dark chocolate pretzel cake will be your new favourite treat
This Victorian villa for sale in Sandymount for €1,385,000 has three bedrooms and some gorgeous interiors
It includes a principal bedroom suite with a huge walk-in wardrobe with a wall of mirrors and a freestanding bathtub and a private sitting room.
Surprises, sweet moments, performances and yes, insanely expensive, celebrity-filled ads.