Image / Living / Food & Drink
Supper Club: A 15-minute vegan korma using the contents of your kitchen cupboard
Super-quick to make and oh-so comforting, you can whip up this vegan korma using only the contents of your kitchen cupboard and one or two fresh veggies.
Concentrated korma paste adds all of your favourite spices, with minimal effort. To ensure it’s completely vegan, check the ingredients to ensure the paste is free from dairy. This recipe asks for chard but spinach, kale or any kind of sautéd green
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 4 large leaves of Swiss chard, stalks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp korma paste (ensure dairy-free)
- 400ml tin full-fat coconut milk
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- pinch of sea salt
- small handful of fresh coriander, roughly torn
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan, add the onion and soften over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic and Swiss chard, and sauté for a further minute.
- Stir through the cumin and turmeric, then add the korma paste, coating the onion and Swiss chard.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chickpeas, then allow to bubble for 10 minutes. Season to taste with sea salt and scatter with the coriander.
Extracted from 15 Minute Vegan Comfort Food by Katy Beskow (Quadrille). Photography © Dan Jones.