Once you make your first homemade pesto, you will never go back: it's so simple and so flavourful.
This unusual pesto can be enjoyed in so many ways: whisk some together with a little oil to make a salad dressing or spread it on toasted sourdough bread. Easy and quick, it’s also deliciously healthy.
Chestnut & herb pesto
- 100g vacuum-packed chestnuts
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 12 large sage leaves
- 25g flatleaf parsley
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Whiz all the ingredients in a food processor, or purée with a hand-held blender, until the mixture is coarsely chopped.
- This pesto will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or it can be spooned into ice-cube trays and frozen.
Extracted from Fertile: Nourish and Balance Your Body Ready for Baby Making by Emma Cannon (Vermilion).