Supper Club: Little Green Spoon’s halloumi, avocado and lime salad
Fancy a dreamy summer meal? You have got to try Little Green Spoon's halloumi, avocado and lime salad.
Anything with halloumi and you can count me in, but this, in particular, is such a dreamy salad: creamy avocado, crispy halloumi and crunchy toasted seeds, all drizzled with a lime vinaigrette. I not only love how this salad tastes, but it looks so bright and beautiful – a feast for the eyes and the tastebuds!
Halloumi, avocado and lime salad
- 100g of halloumi
- 75g of greens (lambs lettuce, baby spinach etc)
- 25g of beet shoots or sprouts
- 1 avocado
For the dressing
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Slice the halloumi into thin strips. Add it to a pan on medium-high heat and let it cook for a few minutes on each side until speckled golden. While the halloumi is cooking, plate your greens and sprouts.
- When the halloumi is done, set it aside and add the seeds to the pan. Let them cook for a few minutes until tasted and plump.
- Slice the avocado and add it to the greens with the halloumi.Combine all of the dressing ingredients and whisk well. Drizzle the dressing over everything and sprinkle with the toasted seeds.