How to make festive, gold-dusted florentine biscuits
30th Dec 2020
The trick to making perfect Florentine biscuits is ensuring they have a nice snap. As part of our Kerrygold Christmas recipe series, Kerrygold shares how to bake them just right and which variety of dried fruits and nuts balance for festive flavour. Plus, with a few simple decorations, they make a delicious edible gift to give this holiday season.
Kerrygold Gold-Dusted Florentine Biscuits
- 50g Kerrygold Salted Butter
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 50g Golden Syrup
- 50g Plain Flour
- 25g Chopped Goji Berries
- 50g Chopped Candied Ginger
- 25g Chopped Almonds
- 25g Chopped Pistachios
- 25g Chopped Dried Mango
- 200g Melted Dark Chocolate
- Edible Gold Spray
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/ 350F/Gas4.
- Line two baking trays with parchment and set aside.
- Chop all the dried fruit and nuts and place in a bowl, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the Kerrygold butter, golden syrup, brown sugar and stir over a gentle heat until melted and combined.
- To this, add the flour and beat with a wooden spoon to remove lumps.
- Spoon this mixture over the chopped fruit and nuts and mix.
- Divide the mix into 16, roll into balls and place 8 per tray.
- Pop into the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once baked, remove and allow to cool on the tray.
- When cold, remove and place on a wire rack.
- To decorate, turn the florentine upside down and on the smooth side spread on some melted dark chocolate.
- Once all the biscuits are decorated with chocolate, use a fork and pull through the chocolate to create a wavy design.
- Spray on some edible gold and scatter on a few sprinkles. Enjoy!
*Note: If you cannot source any of the dried fruit/nuts you can use whatever alternatives you have at home.
For the next few weeks, we’ll be releasing new Christmas recipes – each created by Kerrygold and renowned pastry chef Shane Smith. Follow along and learn how to bake delicious cakes, pies and edible gifts.
Read more: Need some holiday recipe inspiration? These gourmet, Christmas treats are easy to make at home
Read more: Pastry chef’s home baking: Shane Smith’s jam drop cookies recipe
Read more: Spice up your midweek meal with a Danish take on mushroom risotto
“The only honourable, decent, and humane course of action is for Mr Spears to resign now,” says Spears’ lawyer. Britney...
Naoise Dolan’s debut novel ‘Exciting Times’ is the latest novel to get the TV treatment. In very exciting news (sorry,...
Garnering almost 40 Emmy nominations over the course of its first three seasons, ‘The Crown’ show has already proven itself...
Braun denied that he was a bully and said he gave Swift the option to buy back her masters catalog,...
This delicious street food is made for summer. This is popular street food in Turkey. Vendors cook the chickpeas (garbanzo...
A Los Angeles judge has said Britney Spears can choose her own lawyer in the fight to end her controversial...
This simple cheesecake is the perfect late summer dessert to serve guests. Lemon and Blueberry Cheesecake Serves 10 Ingredients melted...