Family Quiz: 50 pop culture questions guaranteed to get the grey matter working
31st Dec 2020
Here are 50 pop culture quiz questions to keep the whole family entertained, whether you’re quizzing together or virtually
As we’re all in self-isolation, a family quiz has been a great way to spend an evening with your loved ones, whether you’re all in the same room or not. Here’s a set of questions to keep everyone entertained, and we’ve kept the answers separate so you can choose to take part yourself, or play the role of quizmaster.
Get your thinking caps on!
Family Quiz questions:
- What was the first animated Disney feature film that was not based on an existing story?
- Who played the role of Jean Valjean in the 2012 film adaption of Les Miserables?
- What year was the final episode of Friends aired?
- Which Spice Girl made a surprise appearance on Sex and the City?
- How much was Kelsey Grammer paid per episode of Frasier by the end of the show’s run?
- In what year did Fair City first air on RTÉ?
- Snoop Dogg holds the record for the most times an artist has been nominated for a Grammy without ever winning one, but how many times has he been nominated?
- What is the title of Taylor Swift’s first album?
- Brandon Flowers is the lead singer for which group?
- Who was the most streamed artist on Spotify in 2019?
- Who designed the Union Jack vest worn by Stormzy on his Glastonbury headline performance?
- Gisaengchung is the original title of this South Korean film which collected four Oscars in 2020. What is the English title?
- What 1986 film is the quote “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it” from?
- Name the band that had these members: Gerry Cott, Simon Crowe, Johnny Fingers, Bob Geldof.
- True or false: in The Simpsons, Homer is named after the creator Matt Groening’s father.
- Which TV comedy series follows the lives of employees at the fictional Sacred Heart teaching hospital?
- Which film series had a fourth movie called Ghost Protocol?
- What breed of dog is the cartoon character Scooby-Doo?
- Who plays Edina in Absolutely Fabulous?
- Name all four of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West’s children.
- Who won the 2016 Best Actor Oscar?
- What was the original name of Destiny’s Child?
- What is the name of the first Harry Potter book?
- What Irish actress won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress in 1989?
- For what film did Gwyneth Paltrow make her now infamous Oscar acceptance speech?
- In which fictional country is Black Panther set?
- What is the name of Bryan Cranston’s character in the series Breaking Bad?
- Which artist recorded the theme song for the 2020 Bond film, No Time to Die?
- Which colour pill does Neo swallow in The Matrix?
- The Republic of Gilead is a totalitarian state in which Margaret Atwood novel?
- Which Oasis member is older: Noel or Liam Gallagher?
- Everything’s Alright is a song in which Andrew Lloyd Webber musical?
- What was the name of Marian Keyes’ first novel?
- The play Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? was penned by which American playwright?
- What is the name of the character played by Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?
- Fenty is the surname of which mononymous singer?
- Rapper Drake rose to fame as an actor on which TV show?
- What is the name of “the mother” on How I Met Your Mother?
- Which celebrity couple recently named their daughter Raddix?
- What Disney Channel show starred Hilary Duff and her character’s inner cartoon?
- Which Marvel superhero was the first to make it to the big screen?
- Which actor won an Oscar for his performance in Bohemian Rhapsody?
- Who is Sarah Michelle Gellar married to?
- Who plays the role of Sansa Stark in Game of Thrones?
- In 2019, which random food beat Kylie Jenner for the most-liked photo on Instagram?
- Lady Gaga won an Oscar for writing which song from her movie with Bradley Cooper, A Star Is Born?
- Who was the first member of One Direction to leave in 2015?
- The creators of South Park made their Broadway debut with what musical?
- Which actor has appeared in the most Marvel Cinematic Universe movies?
- At the end of the James Bond film Skyfall, who replaced Judi Dench as the new “M”?
- The Lion King
- Hugh Jackman
- Geri Halliwell, she played a patron who went to an exclusive swimming pool that Samantha wanted to get into.
- NBC paid the actor more than $3 million per episode for the 2002 and 2003 seasons
- He has been nominated 17 times
- Her first album was self-titled, Taylor Swift
- The Killers
- Post Malone
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- Boomtown Rats
- Mission Impossible
- Great Dane
- Jennifer Saunders
- North, Saint, Chicago and Psalm
- Leonardo di Caprio for his role in The Revenant
- Girl’s Tyme
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- Brenda Fricker
- Shakespeare in Love
- Walter White
- Billie Eilish
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- Edward Albee
- Vivian Ward
- Degrassi: The Next Generation
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden
- Lizzie McGuire
- Iron Man
- Rami Malek
- Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Sophie Turner
- An egg
- Zayn Malik
- The Book of Mormon
- Chris Evans
- Ralph Fiennes
And remember, the key to a family quiz, or any family activity really, is that you are all still friends afterwards!
Read more: Four of the best Irish food boxes, delivered to your door
Read more: Looking for a different watch during lockdown? Try these 5 French films
Read more: 7 DIY gifts to let your crafty side out this Christmas
The new buyers of this period home will be able to count Brian O’Driscoll and Amy Huberman as neighbours.
Kate Ford's fast and easy one-pot pasta dish is your ultimate midweek dinner – no hassle, no mess, and we'll bet you have every ingredient in your kitchen cupboard already.
From His Girl Friday to The Wizard of Oz, some classic old...
Who knew that down the road from Woodstock, a revolution...