Coconut cream pie oats: A simple and delicious dessert to try this week
10th May 2021
This tasty, dairy-free dessert was a finalist recipe at the innocent Ireland dairy-free cook off. Here’s how to make it.
A personal-sized, dairy-free coconut cream pie… we’ll take them all!
Created by Charlie, a Dublin-based vegan and vegetarian food blogger, the recipe mixes oats, syrup, vanilla and coconut in a creamy, layered cup – best served as a delicious dessert or a breakfast treat.
“Coconut cream pie has always been one of my favourite desserts,” he said. “So I thought why not try and make it into one of my favourite breakfasts.
“So here is coconut cream pie overnight oats.”
Coconut cream pie oats
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (roasted)
- 1 tbsp of coconut cream
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of vanilla
- Begin by roasting the desiccated coconut in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius until it is lightly toasted (about 3-5 minutes).
- In a large bowl add the oats, coconut milk, coconut cream, maple syrup, salt and a dash of vanilla. Mix really well to ensure it is smooth.
- Once the coconut is toasted, sprinkle half of the coconut through the mixture and leave some aside for layering in between or as a topping.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a glass or jar. Finish with some extra coconut cream smoothed across the top with a sprinkle of coconut.
- Allow it to rest in the fridge overnight or for at least 2-4 hours.
Getting light into an extended mid-terraced home is a persistent...
On a quiet residential street, this house for sale in Rathmines has three bedrooms, plenty of entertaining space and a dinky courtyard garden.
Dolly Alderton’s first novel ‘Everything I Know About Love’ amongst 6 new dramas to get the TV treatment
One of six new dramas commissioned by the BBC, Dolly...
Although the sleek interiors and beautiful views of the sea are what would most appeal to adults, children would be most impressed by the bespoke treehouse in the garden.
Believe it or not, these chicken quesadillas are super healthy...
As we take stock and reassess our former normal, bees...