Coconut cream pie oats: A simple and delicious dessert to try this week
10th May 2021
This tasty, dairy-free dessert was a finalist recipe at the innocent Ireland dairy-free cook off. Here’s how to make it.
A personal-sized, dairy-free coconut cream pie… we’ll take them all!
Created by Charlie, a Dublin-based vegan and vegetarian food blogger, the recipe mixes oats, syrup, vanilla and coconut in a creamy, layered cup – best served as a delicious dessert or a breakfast treat.
“Coconut cream pie has always been one of my favourite desserts,” he said. “So I thought why not try and make it into one of my favourite breakfasts.
“So here is coconut cream pie overnight oats.”
Coconut cream pie oats
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsp of desiccated coconut (roasted)
- 1 tbsp of coconut cream
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- A dash of vanilla
- Begin by roasting the desiccated coconut in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius until it is lightly toasted (about 3-5 minutes).
- In a large bowl add the oats, coconut milk, coconut cream, maple syrup, salt and a dash of vanilla. Mix really well to ensure it is smooth.
- Once the coconut is toasted, sprinkle half of the coconut through the mixture and leave some aside for layering in between or as a topping.
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a glass or jar. Finish with some extra coconut cream smoothed across the top with a sprinkle of coconut.
- Allow it to rest in the fridge overnight or for at least 2-4 hours.