Get exotic with these mini tartlets by Si?cra and Catherine Fulvio! A creamy filling is flavoured with sweet and tangy tropical fruits and encased in a crunchy pastry base to make this perfect summer dessert. For added convenience, the pastry bases can be made ahead of time.
Makes 8 tartlets
200g plain white flour
? tsp salt
2 tbsp Si?cra Icing Sugar
1 egg yolk
2 to 3 tbsp cold water
2 ripe mangoes, pureed
3 passion fruit, juice only (sieve pulp)
100g Si?cra Caster Sugar
? lemon, zest only
2 passion fruit, pulp
Sweet geranium leaves or mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190?C /170?C /gas 5.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the Si?cra Icing Sugar. Add the egg yolk and a little water to the flour mixture.? Bind together, adding a more water if needed. If the dough is too sticky then add a little flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap in cling film.? Leave in the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Brush the tartlet tins or tray with melted butter and dust with flour. Shake the excess out.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out pastry until 3-5mm thick.
- Use a cutter to shape and then line the tartlet tray with pastry into the base and up the sides.
- Line each tartlet case with parchment paper and fill with some baking beans.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and lining.
- Brush with egg wash and return to oven for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine the mango puree and passion fruit together and whisk in the Si?cra Caster Sugar together with the eggs over a bain marie until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the lemon zest. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and fold it into the mango puree and passion fruit mixture. Leave in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up.
- Spoon the mix into the cold tartlet cases.
- To decorate, place about - tsp of passion fruit onto each tartlet and a sweet geranium or mint leaf on each.
Tag us in your Mango and Passionfruit Mousse Tartlets pictures on Instagram at @image.ie!