21st Oct 2014
The shortlist has been announced for the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2014, sponsored by Brown Thomas, Samsung, Boodles and Electric Ireland, and proudly supported by Newstalk, Enterprise Ireland, independent.ie and Marks & Spencer.
?This year’s shortlist for the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year is our most diverse, most exciting, most widely-reaching yet. We selected the finalists from hundreds of entries – it seems the trajectory of Irish businesswomen is very definitely on the up.?
– Melanie Morris, editor-in-chief.
- Kathleen Mitchell, vice president EMEA, Stella & Dot
- Kira Walton, co-founder, VOYA
- Mary McKenna, owner, Tour America
- Leonora O’Brien, CEO, founder, Pharmapod
- Ellen Kavanagh, creator and director, Waxperts Wax
- Sonya Lennon, broadcaster, fashion designer and social entrepreneur
- Roisin O?Sullivan, director of sales and marketing, The Marker Hotel
- Teresa Kelly Oroz, legal director and company secretary, GloHealth
- Carol Grennan, chief financial officer, UPC Communications Ireland Limited
- Dr Leisha Daly, country director, Janssen
- Maria McGovern, business director, Kildare Village
- Triona Gannon, general manager, The g Hotel
- Margaret O’Donovan Burgraff, vice president, Mobile Communications Group and general manager, Quality, Certification, Validation and Tools, Intel Corporation
- Marie Hunt, executive director and head of research and consultancy, CBRE Ireland
- Ali Delaney, founder, Custom Vintage Dublin
- Elaine Lavery and Hannah O?Reilly, co-founders, Improper Butter
- Nikki Walsh, owner/ managing director, Lady Eve Cookery
- Cora Murphy, clinical director, The Care Team
- Stephanie Boner and Maeve Convery, publishing directors, Roads Publishing
- Louise Grubb, CEO and Founder, Q1 Scientific Ltd
- Philippa Buckley, managing director, Studio 44 Design
- Carol Kennelly, owner, Carol Kennelly Millinery
- Diane Henderson-Ferris, events and marketing manager, Gotcha Covered
- Ruth Monahan, creative director, Appassionata
- Fiona Heaney, creative director, Fee G
- Niamh O?Neill, owner/ creative director, Niamh O?Neill
- Angie Dromgoole, co-founder and creative director, Zeba
- Lisa Coen and Sarah Davis-Goff, co-founders and co-publishers, Tramp Press
- Margaret E Ward, founder and acting chair, Women On Air
- Mairead Healy, executive director and founder, Future Voices Ireland
- Kathrina Bentley, head of campaigns and communications, Dogs Trust
- Siobhan Carroll, CEO, ACT for Meningitis
- Debbie Deegan, founder and MD, To Russia With Love
- Denise Charlton, CEO, The Immigrant Council of Ireland
- Rachel Kavanagh, managing director UK & Ireland, Glossybox
- Anne Morgan, managing director/ CEO, Distinct Model Management
- Karen Brown, marketing manager, Karora Cosmetics
- Tracey Ryan, founder and crearive director, Bia Beauty Skincare Ltd
- Lisa Quinlan, managing director/ owner, Wildflower Caf? & The Rolling Donut
- Katie McGlade, general manager/ director, Therapie Clinic
- Gemmarose O’Brien, CEO, Adam and Friends
- Blanaid Hennessy, owner, Folkster
- Liz Costigan, founder and trainer, Positive Fitness
- Jules Coleman, chief product manager, Hassle.com
- Barbara Matthews and Lorraine Walsh, owners, Blackdog Communications
- Deirdre MacCormack, chief marketing officer, Mcor Technologies Ltd
- Susan Daly, managing editor, Journal Media Ltd
- Jenny Taaffe, owner and managing director, iZest Marketing Ltd.
- Galvea Kelly, global assistant vice president, social media and content, L?Or?al
- Mary Moloney, global CEO, CoderDojo Foundation
- Cathriona Hallahan, CEO, Microsoft Ireland
- Anita Murray, CEO, Pink Beauty Group
- Marian O?Gorman, CEO, The Kilkenny Group
- Cristina Luminea, CEO and founder, ThoughtBox
- Dorothy Creaven, CEO, Element Software
The shortlist will be discussed over a judging lunch in November, from where we’ll select the eight category winners, plus the overall IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year 2014. The judging panel includes Caroline Keeling, CEO of Keelings and last year’s IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year; Lucy Gaffney, chairperson of Communicorp; Enterepreneur and presenter of Newstalk’s Down To Business, Bobby Kerr; Orla Nugent, MBA programme director at the Michael Smurfit Business School, UCD; Nick Mulcahy, publisher and editor of Business Plus magazine, Caroline Kennedy, Kennedy PR and Fionnuala O’Leary, managing editor of independent.ie. They are joined by Laura George, group editorial director of Image Publications Ltd; Melanie Morris, editor-in-chief and Rosie McMeel, editor, IMAGE Magazine.
Competition proved as strong as ever for these highly coveted accolades, so the women who made these lists are truly inspirational. Meet the ultimate winners at the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2014, sponsored by Brown Thomas, Samsung, Boodles and Electric Ireland, and proudly supported by Newstalk, Enterprise Ireland, independent.ie, Marks & Spencer and the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel.
General Admission – €155.00 per person.
Table of ten – €1,480.00
To book tickets to the awards, click above, email?[email protected] or call 086 365 3631/ 01 271 9616/ 01 271 9653.
Six great audiobooks to listen to in lockdown. It took me ages to come around to the idea of audiobooks....
Emerging after the pandemic: ‘There’s an awkwardness to my interactions, like I’ve forgotten how to socialise’
In just a few months, human contact became one of the most feared gestures. Being around people we loved was...
In a time when cool heads are needed – it’s more than the current heatwave that’s melting minds, writes Amanda...
Who is demanding the fetishization of young girls anyway?”When I was working in my early twenties, and even my late...
No other European country is having the same public order challenges our capital city is experiencing, writes Amanda Cassidy I...
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities is just getting started, writes Amanda Cassidy As the pandemic...