22nd May 2017
Get exotic with these mini tartlets by Si?cra and Catherine Fulvio! A creamy filling is flavoured with sweet and tangy tropical fruits and encased in a crunchy pastry base to make this perfect summer dessert. For added convenience, the pastry bases can be made ahead of time.
Makes 8 tartlets
200g plain white flour
? tsp salt
2 tbsp Si?cra Icing Sugar
1 egg yolk
2 to 3 tbsp cold water
2 ripe mangoes, pureed
3 passion fruit, juice only (sieve pulp)
100g Si?cra Caster Sugar
? lemon, zest only
2 passion fruit, pulp
Sweet geranium leaves or mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190?C /170?C /gas 5.
- Sieve the flour and salt into a bowl.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the Si?cra Icing Sugar. Add the egg yolk and a little water to the flour mixture.? Bind together, adding a more water if needed. If the dough is too sticky then add a little flour.
- Shape the dough into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap in cling film.? Leave in the fridge to rest for at least 1 hour.
- Brush the tartlet tins or tray with melted butter and dust with flour. Shake the excess out.
- Flour a clean surface and roll out pastry until 3-5mm thick.
- Use a cutter to shape and then line the tartlet tray with pastry into the base and up the sides.
- Line each tartlet case with parchment paper and fill with some baking beans.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking beans and lining.
- Brush with egg wash and return to oven for a further 3 to 4 minutes.
- Combine the mango puree and passion fruit together and whisk in the Si?cra Caster Sugar together with the eggs over a bain marie until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the lemon zest. Leave to cool.
- Whip the cream and fold it into the mango puree and passion fruit mixture. Leave in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up.
- Spoon the mix into the cold tartlet cases.
- To decorate, place about – tsp of passion fruit onto each tartlet and a sweet geranium or mint leaf on each.
Tag us in your Mango and Passionfruit Mousse Tartlets pictures on Instagram at @image.ie!
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
It may be the most unifying show on television, but shows like Love Island are promoting some pretty damaging messages....
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
‘Suddenly alive again’: The heartbreaking joy of finding a deceased loved one on Google Maps street view
“I look at my mum’s old house on Google maps street view, the house where I grew up. It says...
Sarah Harding has died at the age of just 39, her heartbroken mother revealed today. The Girls Aloud star had...
Despite some media coverage, the beds are actually focused on sustainability as opposed to intimacy restrictions. Recently, distance runner Paul...
In a time when cool heads are needed – it’s more than the current heatwave that’s melting minds, writes Amanda...