We’re expanding our dynamic digital team and if you have experience in this wonderful world, we’d like to meet you.
IMAGE.ie Digital Cover – Weekend Role
The weekend writer will be responsible for delivering current topical content to go live on IMAGE.ie and social media platforms on Saturdays and Sundays. The right candidate’s voice and choice of content will be instinctively on-brand. They will have strong digital writing experience and be adept at working with initiative and to deadlines.
- Write, edit and curate the topical weekend content by providing an agreed number posts for IMAGE.ie, hitting specific times of the day on both Saturdays and Sundays
- Manage and monitor social media for the shift duration
- Be on call for breaking news and to cover it as appropriate
- An experienced digital writer with sound editorial judgement and clean copy skills
- SEO skills and experience reading web analytics
- Ability to work and react at a fast pace, sourcing content from around the web, as well as original content, that will generate great traffic for IMAGE.ie
- Strong sense of accuracy as well as creativity, tone and style
- Availability to work from home for a shift of four hours per weekend day as well as being the touch point for breaking news in addition to the eight hours should it arise.
Apply to Ellie Balfe, editor of IMAGE.ie, with your CV and examples of your work.
‘Watching the Christmas shopping rush, it’s easy to feel like if you aren’t spoiling your kids, you’re doing it wrong’
I will not get caught up in the Christmas drama....
‘Eclipsed’ director Kate Canning told Jennifer McShane of the challenges...
‘Nobody is forcing us to replace all our dinner plates with firtree and silver versions with matching tea-towels’
I get it. Christmas is a list-fiesta, the to-do Olympics;...
These days, it’s easier than ever to give something back....
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
It was on this day, January 17th, 1998, when news...
This year, in particular, we are feeling the strain of...