Cupboard full of canned chickpeas? Try Avoca’s super green falafel recipe
Avoca’s super green falafel recipe is the ultimate store cupboard stalwart
When rustling up a snack, it can be hard to hit the hat-trick of quick, easy and nutritious. It’s even harder to find recipes that you can conjure out of items you already have in your store cupboard.
Most of our cupboards are currently heaving with canned chickpeas, which is perhaps why Avoca just shared their delicious super green falafel recipe.
It’s tasty, easy to rustle up and a great source of plant-based protein — and you probably already have some of the ingredients.
Makes 12 large falafel patties
1 x 400g tin of cooked chickpeas, drained & rinsed
1 red onion, chopped finely
100g, broccoli, chopped
120g frozen peas, defrosted
1 small bunch parsley, chopped
1 small bunch mint, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
Pinch of chilli flakes
Olive oil, to drizzle
Sliced cooked beetroot
Mixed salad leaves
Carrot, sliced into match sticks
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Add all your main ingredients into a food processor and blend until very finely chopped.
- Line a baking tray with paper.
- Shape the falafels into 12 patties and place onto the baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, drizzle a little more olive oil over the top and bake for a further 15 minutes until deep golden brown and crispy around the edges.
- On a large serving platter arrange your garnishes and let everyone make their own filled pittas for a healthy & delicious lunch.
Read more: Sponge cake and strawberry daiquiris: 7 summer recipes trending on Google right now
Read more: Dublin’s best toastie? Exciting new food hotspot, Toons Bridge Dairy Store, might just have it
Read more: 8 delicious iced coffee recipes to try at home
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
It goes without saying that most of us have had...
Paul Mescal fans, this one is for you… A 14-minute...
Failure is a natural element of the cycle of life....
Just a 15-minute drive from the city centre (and with...
For a lift, reminding us of simpler times, and that...
Ring in the New Year (and bid a welcome adieu...