The shortlist has been announced for the IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards 2013, sponsored by Brown Thomas and Electric Ireland, and proudly supported by Enterprise Ireland, RT? Radio 1 and?independent.ie.
Now in its seventh year, the awards aim to recognise and celebrate inspirational women in the Irish business world, and includes seven categories:?Entrepreneurship; Young Businesswoman (under 30 on December 31, 2013); Management Professional; Start-Up (since January 1, 2011); Creative Businesswoman; Overseas and Social Entrepreneurship. The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year: Overall is not open for nominations, but will be chosen from nominations to other categories or on the judges? own recommendations.
The winners of 2013’s awards will join an impressive roll call of Ireland’s leading businesswomen. Last year’s winners include Susan Whelan, senior executive VP at King Power Group, Head of Leicester City Football Club (Businesswoman of the Year); Margaret O’Connor, Joint MD, Quigley’s Bakery (Entrepreneur of the Year);?Ann-Marie O?Neill, Joint MD, O’Donnell O?Neill Associates (Creative Businesswoman); Deirdre O’Brien, Director of Sales & Marketing, Carton House (Management Professional); Joan Freeman, founder and CEO of Pieta House (Social Entrepreneur); Grainne Barron, Foxframe Technology (Start-Up); and Sophie Morris, director Kooky Dough (Young Businesswoman of The Year).
Each nomination is subject to a rigorous judging process with judges drawn from the worlds of business, finance, media and academia, meaning that the shortlisted nominees truly are at the top of their fields. The ultimate winners in each category will be announced at a gala evening event at The Royal Hospital Kilmainham on Tuesday, November 26.
Book your tickets now here,?01 271 9616,?[email protected]‘soon as limited tickets available.
In the meantime, please see below for details of who made the shortlist.
The IMAGE Businesswoman of the Year Awards Shortlist?
- Linda Kiely, co-founder, Voxpro
- Maeve Kneafsey,?CEO and managing director, Elucidate
- Sally Murtagh, founder and managing director, Irish HomeCare
- Mary McKenna, managing director, Tour America
- Ramona Nicholas, CEO, Cara Pharmacy Group
- Jane Swarbrigg, brand manager, INGLOT Ireland
- Laragh Strahan,’managing director, Lolly and Cooks
- Margot?Slattery, director, Sodexo
- Oonagh O?Hagan, managing director, Meaghers Pharmacy Group
- Mary Considine, managing director, Shannon Airport Authority
- Caroline Keeling, CEO, Keelings
- Aileesh Carew, general manager, Ballyfin Demesne
- Miriam?Hughes, CEO, DDFH & B Group
- Carolan Lennon, managing director, Eircom Wholesale
- Cathriona Hallahan, managing director, Microsoft Ireland
- Angela Carney, owner, Harvest Moon Foods
- Sandra Walsh, CEO, designer and innovator, Canopi Creative Ltd
- Ellen?Kavanagh, creator, Waxperts Wax
- Marissa Carter, founder and creative director, Cocoa Brown
- Tracey Ryan, founder and chief technical officer, Bia Beauty Skincare Ltd
- Ruth?& Mary Hussey, directors, Pure Products Ltd
- Leonora?O’Brien, CEO, Pharmapod Ltd
- Edel Cooney, managing director, Simplee
- Alison Banton, CEO and creative director, Brooke & Shoals Fragrances/Retail
- Joanna Sloan, founder and creative director, Old Rectory Ltd
- Elaine Curtis,?owner, Elaine Curtis
- Niamh Sharkey, Laureate na n?g; creator and executive producer, Henry Hugglemonster; Author, I’m a Happy Hugglewug
- Joanne Hynes, designer, Joanne Hynes Ltd
- Natalie Coleman, owner, NATALIEBCOLEMAN
- Pearl Collins & Sheena McDonald Murray, co-owners and creative directors, Pearl & Godiva
- Aoife Horgan, director, The PR Boutique
- Ciara McKenna & Kim Knowles, directors, Coldlilies Ltd
- Lucy?Masterson, founder, Hireland
- Linda?Keating, director of fundraising, The Marie Keating Foundation
- Mary?O?Kennedy, director, O?Kennedy Consulting; Founding Chair, Fundraising Ireland
- Fiona McKeon, CEO, Bizworld Ireland
- Kathleen O?Meara, head of advocacy and communications, Irish Cancer Society
- Sonya?Lennon, CEO, Dress for Success
- Kate Coleman, founder, chairperson and CEO, Right to Sight
- Lisa Domican, owner, Grace App
- Heidi Higgins,’designer and owner, Heidi Higgins
- Chupi Sweetman-Pell, founder, Chupi
- Katie Jane Goldin, managing director, Great Lengths Ireland
- Brema Drohan, managing director, Nespresso UK & Ireland
- Maeve McMahon, commercial marketing director, GE Capital
- Sinead El Sibai, marketing vice president, Dubai Duty Free
Book your tickets now?here,?01 271 9616,?[email protected]‘soon as limited tickets available.