A modest extension has created a feeling of light and spaciousness in this Balbriggan semi-d
A modest extension has created a feeling of light and spaciousness in this Balbriggan semi-d

Megan Burns

Inside the scam of the fake ‘Irish heiress’ still swindling people out of thousands of dollars
Inside the scam of the fake ‘Irish heiress’ still swindling people out of thousands of...

Sarah Finnan

Oversized collars to refresh your spring wardrobe
Oversized collars to refresh your spring wardrobe

Sarah Finnan

The best mismatched rainbow nails on Instagram for your next appointment
The best mismatched rainbow nails on Instagram for your next appointment

Holly O'Neill

Community Shoot: Meet the Business Club members
Community Shoot: Meet the Business Club members

Leonie Corcoran

This spacious five-bedroom Cork City home is on the market for €1.1million
This spacious five-bedroom Cork City home is on the market for €1.1million

IMAGE

What to bake this weekend: Coffee and walnut pavlova with coffee-poached pears
What to bake this weekend: Coffee and walnut pavlova with coffee-poached pears

Graham Herterich

This Victorian redbrick in Ranelagh has been refreshed with pops of colour and bespoke storage
This Victorian redbrick in Ranelagh has been refreshed with pops of colour and bespoke storage

Megan Burns

11 cute and quirky wedding venues near Dublin
11 cute and quirky wedding venues near Dublin

Shayna Sappington

How TikTok is teaching us to hack the menstrual cycle
How TikTok is teaching us to hack the menstrual cycle

Sarah Gill

Image / Style / Sustainable Style

Virgin Media’s new fashion-focused show will help you rethink your wardrobe


By Sarah Finnan
10th Apr 2023
Virgin Media’s new fashion-focused show will help you rethink your wardrobe

If you’ve been looking to shake your style up and take a different approach to fashion, then this show is for you.

Now over three full months into 2023, and the motivation to stick to those well-intentioned New Year’s resolutions we made back in January has waned; I haven’t finished one full book, I rarely bring lunch to the office (a promise I made myself in a bid to save money) and I’ve had no success in lowering my screentime. Truthfully, I’ve fallen at almost every hurdle – well, all but one. 

Aside from being nicer to myself and trying to reach for my phone less, the one big thing I wanted to focus on this year was curbing my fast fashion addiction… and so far, it’s been going relatively well.  Yes, there have been times when I’ve faltered, but I’ve become so much more mindful of how and where I spend my money and even small steps gradually amount to big ones. 

If you too have been trying to change your shopping habits and become a more responsible consumer, Virgin Media’s new show is a great place to pick up some helpful how-tos. Hosted by Sophie Vavasseur and Irena Drezi, Love, Style, Repeat is all about fashion with a conscience. Designed to help us re-think our wardrobes and challenge some of the more controversial style norms that exist out there, the idea isn’t to shame us into being more sustainable but to encourage us and show us how.   

In one episode, the duo help influencer Louise Cooney completely rework her wardrobe – showing her how to repurpose, regift and even make some money from unwanted pieces. According to recent research, we actually only wear 30% of the clothes in our wardrobes… which means that the other 70% is just wasted space. 

Keen to practice what they preach, Irena also tackles her own wardrobe using a simple “5-ways challenge” in which she styles one wardrobe staple in five different ways, sharing simple hacks on how to breathe new life into your old clothes, while throwing size or image hang-ups out the window. 

Throughout the series, the show will also hone in on other pertinent issues such as diversity, size inclusion and representation. In another episode, guest presenter Katja Mia is joined by one of fashion’s biggest trailblazers, John Paul Gaultier, to talk about size inclusion and representation on the catwalk as well as his iconic stage creations for Madonna.

Love, Style, Repeat is available to stream now on the Virgin Media Player.