02nd Dec 2014
The party’s starting, but you’re stuck at your desk with just minutes to prep. ?Don’t sweat it: use our quick fixes to transform your look – in less time than it takes to hailo that cab.
1. Disguise a less-than-pristine mani with a cheery tinsel topcoat. One coat of Ciate’s London Baby, a black and silver glitter, will give you festive twinkly talons with a rockstar edge.
2. Freshen up your skin with an instant boost of radiance and hydration. Becca’s Shimmering Skin Perfector is a gorgeous highlighter and moisturiser that can be patted over makeup, for a candlelit glow.
3. Brave enough to bare your limbs this winter? Add a few drops of the bestselling Huile Prodigieuse Or from Parisian brand NUXE. Loved by everyone from Gwyneth Paltrow to Monica Belluci, this shimmering dry oil contains tiny golden particles to give arms and legs a flattering A-list sheen.
4. This nifty little kit is a handbag hero for the party season. The star of the Laura Mercier Eye Transformer Trio is the mini Eye Glac? in Rose Quartz, a fuss-free metallic cream shadow that can be patted on with fingers; the mini kohl pencil and mascara complete the look.
5. For an even speedier transformation, add a slick of shimmer liner along your upper lashline, to catch the light and open up the eyes. The Jouer Liquid Shimmer liners come in a lovely range of sophisticated shades – we love Fox, pictured, a navy charcoal, and the bronze/taupe colour, Mink.
Emma Henderson @fluffyblog
IMAGE.ie’s picks of the best buys of the week.
Trinny Woodall has built a career on making over women....
Celebrity hairstylists Larry King, Adam Reed and Luke Hersheson on the trending hairstyles, cuts and colours to know and consider for your long-awaited hair appointment.
The heroes behind Elle Fanning's gleaming skin - huzzah!