24th Jan 2016
We’ve already spoken about some of our favourite beauty looks of the week from the red carpet, but actress Lily James had everyone talking after she stepped out to the premiere of her latest film, Pride And Prejudice And Zombies.
She wore an incredible floral Alexander McQueen gown and her make-up and hair evoked a modern-day Veronica Lake; the epitome of old Hollywood glamour.
Her hair and make-up are surprisingly easy to recreate, below is a step-by-step guide:
- Apply a pea-size amount of ?blow-dry control cream?through your dry hair (once washed, obviously) to create a smooth base for styling – K?rastase’s?Cr’me de la Cr’me is ideal – and?focus on the midlengths and ends of hair in particular.
- Using a straightener or hair wand, curl over and under the hair, creating a very soft wave. Interchange curling towards your face and away to create more volume.
- When finished, comb through the hair to soften the waves and give them extra bounce.
- Set the hair using a weightless hairspray. We love?L’Oreal Paris Elnett Volume Excess Hairspray, as you get strong hold without a hard texture on your locks.
James’ look is simple with a bold lip as she’s letting the dress take centre stage.
- Start with a dewy foundation, gently buffing it onto the skin. We have many favourites, but here, Chanel Vitalumie’re Aquais is perfect.
- Take a loose powder and dab it on your oily zones only (t-zone) as you’re going for a natural look here so nothing too heavy or harsh.
- Take a cream, dusty-pink blush, adding this to the apples of your cheeks.?NARS The Multiple is a good option.
- Keep eyeshadow minimal (the focus should be on the lip) and add two coats of mascara to really bring out the eyes – we love L’Or?al Feline Volume Million Lashes mascara?or any of these.
- Finally, James is wearing?a strong orange-red lipstick by Charlotte Tilbury from her Matte Revolution range in 1975 Red.
You know when you finish styling your hair, but all your little fizzy flyaway hairs are ruining an otherwise sleek finish? Well, say goodbye to that ever happening again, thanks to Dyson’s latest innovation, the Dyson Supersonic Flyaway Attachment.
Insight into the daily routines of A-listers never fails to disturb.
In her ongoing pursuit of Zen, Holly O’Neill seeks out the latest wellness treatment promising to harness the power of...
Don’t fall for the infamous ‘pink tax’ – this unisex beauty product works wonders on all skin types. Enter the...
Protect your hair from heat and weather damage with these amazing homemade hair masks that can be made in your...
Rose Mary Roche speaks to the new breed of female-led beauty bosses building their empire with an emotional as well...
As consumers buy into it in their droves, Holly O’Neill speaks to the experts to debunk some clean beauty myths....