24th Apr 2019
Choosing the right foundation can be a minefield, and after all that you’ve to change it up when choosing a bronzer colour. Here are some helpful tips…
Before we get into choosing shades, I will give this advice – and take it from someone who’s made this mistake… Don’t mistake bronzer for contour. Don’t try to adapt your bronzer and apply it to shade your face. It’s meant to be applied to high points and to mimic a sun tan, not to create shadow. Invest in a separate, cool toned powder to contour with, and enjoy being both sculpted and bronzed.
- If you’re fair skinned, look for a bronzer that is just a shade or two darker than your skin tone
- Always use a very light hand when applying it – the fluffier the brush the better
- Definitely try the shade on before you buy, preferably in natural light
- Again, choose a shade one or two darker than your natural skin tone
- Go for options that aren’t too cool or too warm. Neutrals are best for a natural looking glow
- Avoid bronzers that seem too orange in the pan, that will intensify when applied
- If you have dark skin most bronzer shades will work for you
- You can also include shimmer as it gives darker skin a gorgeous glow
- Try terracotta tones that have a red hint off them, they look stunning on dark skin
Like a leather jacket, a leather scent is an eternally cool confidence hint as classic as it gets.
How to start on the much-beloved Curly Girl Method that will have your natural curls back and bouncier than ever...
Soothe your body and mind and lull yourself to sleep with pillow sprays. If you’re here, you’re probably well aware...
The response to Lidl Ireland’s recent period poverty initiative highlights the severity of hygiene poverty in this country. It’s one...
Having tried every product under the sun to get rid of acne on her back, chest and shoulders, this writer...