These Irish hotels are offering the best discounts on stays right now
Planning a staycation with the family?
These hotels are offering discounted rates for guests right now, from all-inclusive stays to buy one, get one half price deals.
The Westbury and The Dean - Co Dublin
The five-star The Westbury Hotel, located in Dublin city centre, has a top-notch restaurant, WILDE, lavish decor and a gorgeous gallery where guests can enjoy afternoon tea. It is currently offering four overnight packages:
- The Westbury’s Dublin with the Family package - includes 50 per cent off a second room, à la carte breakfast each morning and complimentary dinner for children under eight before 7pm as well as special amenities for little ones
- The Romance in Style package - includes à la carte breakfast each morning (in your own room if you wish), a chilled bottle of champagne, late check-out and a romantic dinner for two at the award-winning WILDE restaurant
- The Suite Celebrations package - includes 25 per cent off the best flexible rate, accommodation in a luxuriously appointed suite, à la carte breakfast each morning, late check-out and a chilled bottle of prosecco
- The Weekends in Style package - includes 15% off the best flexible rate, accommodation for two in a luxuriously appointed bedroom or suite, à la carte breakfast each morning, late check-out and a chilled bottle of prosecco.
The cool and colourful interiors of The Dean on Harcourt Street is a relaxing respite from the bustling city. It is currently offering free amenities when you book directly from their website, including flexible cancellation, room upgrades, free bike rentals, late checkouts and 30 per cent off tickets to the Guinness Storehouse. It is also offering the following packages:
- Dublin Can Be Heaven, Two Night Offer - book and stay two nights from July 1 to October 31 and enjoy a complimentary €100 Press Up Voucher on arrival, yours to spend during your stay in over 40 restaurants, bars, cinemas and pubs in Dublin
- Dublin Can Be Heaven, One Night Offer - book and stay one night from July 1 to October 31 and enjoy a complimentary €50 Press Up Voucher on arrival, with breakfast included
- Living La Vida Local, For Longer - book a three-night stay and get the cheapest night free or book a five-night stay and get the cheapest two nights free
- Treat Yourself, One Night Escape - stay in a Super Room and enjoy a drink on arrival, late checkout, dinner in Sophie’s Rooftop Restaurant, a Stella Home Cinema Pack in your room, and breakfast in bed (or on the roof) the next morning (valid on stays until August 31)
The Lodge at Ashford and The Hardiman - Co Galway
Pet owners will love The Lodge at Ashford’s pet-centered discounts. Dogs can be booked at a cost of €10 per night per dog and a dog bed, fluffy towel, food and water bowls will be provided upon arrival. Until September 30, guests can enjoy a three-night stay in one of The Lodge’s elegant Quay Suites with an adjoining Courtyard Deluxe Room, from €1,041 on a B&B basis. The suite comes with:
- A private outdoor terrace
- Daily breakfast
- Two three-course evening meals at the Quay Bar & Brasserie
- Four tickets to visit Joyce Farm in the heart of Connemara, a film location that featured in the hit movie, Marley & Me.
- At Joyce Farm, guests can view a special sheepdog show while eating a complimentary packed lunch
Located in Galway City’s Eyre Square, The Hardiman emanates Victorian luxury. It is a great stop for those traversing the Wild Atlantic Way and is offering discounts for those most vulnerable during the current pandemic.
- Frontline workers can enjoy 20 per cent off a bed and breakfast stay
- An entire floor has been designated to over 65s, and a stay for older guests includes a full Irish breakfast each morning, dinner each evening and complimentary tea/coffee and scones on arrival
- Staycation deals - 15 per cent discount on a two-night stay with breakfast and a three-course dinner, a one night B&B with a main course and a glass of wine from €105 pps for July and August (€89 per person from September to March), a three-nights stay with full Irish breakfast and third night complimentary in the Deluxe Suites
Holidays for Normal People fans and families in Co Sligo
Sligo Tourism has collaborated with four hotels to promote local tourism. It’s a fantastic spot to get away and see stunning mountain views of the Knocknarea or the Benbulben or stroll the wide open beaches at Enniscrone, Rosses Point and Mullaghmore.
Popular visitor destinations include Eagles Flying Bird Sanctuary, The Model arts centre, the Yeats Building and Carrowmore Megalithic Tombs. Co Sligo is also where most of Normal People was filmed and fans can map out places featured in the series like Streedagh Beach and Tubbercurry. Hotel deals include:
- Two night mini break - midweek, weekends and family stays from only €119 per person sharing at the Sligo Southern Hotel
- Wild activity package with The Glasshouse Hotel from €190 pp per night
- Summer family staycations, three-nights package from €627 at the Sligo Park Hotel
- Two-night surf and stay package for €155 pp in August at Strandhill Lodge & Suites
Avalon House Hotel and Langton’s House Hotel - Co Kilkenny
Just a hour-and-a-half train ride from Dublin, Kilkenny is a fantastic getaway for history fans. The medieval city has a castle in the heart of its centre as well as plenty of cute and quirky boutique shops.
The upscale Langton’s House Hotel is offering deals from just €80 per person:
- Midweek Escape to Kilkenny - includes a one-night stay, full Irish breakfast, bike hire and take away picnic (from €87.50 per person)
- Midweek Break with Afternoon Tea - includes a one-night stay, full Irish breakfast and Langtons Signature Afternoon Tea (from €80 per person)
- Weekend Bed and Breakfast - includes two-nights (a Friday and Saturday night stay), a full Irish breakfast and a four-course evening meal in their Garden Restaurant, pre-booking essential
- Use Promo Code STAYCATION and receive 15 per cent off across all packages in July and August.
Avalon House Hotel, a beautifully restored 19th century manor, is located in the countryside just outside of Kilkenny city. Guests can take advantage of their special August midweek offer which includes:
- An overnight stay, Sunday to Thursday, from €89
- A 20 per cent reduction off all activities in Discovery Park
- A one or two-night bed and breakfast option, with dinner included, from €170
Activity-filled stays in Co Cork
In Cork city, The Metropole Hotel has teamed up with Jameson to offer a ‘James Whiskey Experience Break’, which includes a stay at The Metropole, breakfast in the hotel’s Riverview restaurant, a signature whiskey cocktail in its MET bar and two tickets to the Jameson Whiskey Distillery (with a tour, tasting and free drink) for €169 per person. Or, if you’d prefer your stay whiskey-free, the hotel is also offering a two-night bed and breakfast deal, which includes a two-course dinner on one evening in the MET for just €149 per person.
Families can take advantage of Cork International Hotel’s three-night family package for €110 per night. This deal includes a three-night bed and breakfast stay in a spacious family room for two adults and two children. The hotel is just a ten-minute drive from the city centre and 20 minutes from Fota Wildlife Park and Blarney Castle. The hotel is also offering a Fota Wildlife Park package, including a two-night bed and breakfast stay in a family room, an early bird family dinner on the night of your choice and a family ticket to the Fota Wildlife Park.
Spa hotel stays in Co Kildare
The award-winning Clanard Court hotel in rural Kildare is consistently ranked as the No.1 TripAdvisor Hotel in the County. The hotel currently offers a two night ‘Pamper Retreat’ in the renowned Revive Garden Spa & Beauty Rooms, which includes afternoon tea and dinner from €350 for two persons.
The luxurious Killashee Hotel in Naas is offering the ideal ‘girls’ getaway’. Enjoy a delicious breakfast each morning, a three-course dinner in The Bistro, discounted treatments in the hotel’s spa, a ten per cent discount in Kildare Village and 20 per cent off in Newbridge Silverware for just €180 per night.
The stunning Kilkea Castle is currently offering 20 per cent discounts on a range of rooms and packages. Their current spa package includes a one night bed and breakfast, one-hour use of their Thermal Suite prior to treatment, a 30-minute spa treatment (massage or mini facial) and a three-course evening meal from €380.
Set in over 500 acres, the five-star K Club has fantastic summer stay deals on offer. Enjoy a three-night stay with breakfast in their River Room Restaurant each morning, full access to The K Spa Health & Fitness facilities and complimentary activities like bike rentals to explore the estate’s new walking and cycling trails, which meander along the banks of the River Liffey, through lush woodland. Prices from €195 per room per night with breakfast.
Picnics and pizza nights in Co Mayo and Limerick
Twin Trees Hotel & Leisure Club in Mayo North is a cosy family-run hotel right between the Brosna and Moy rivers and just ten minutes’ walk from the idyllic town of Ballina. The hotel’s Brosna Restaurant & Twin Trees Bar have delicious, locally-sourced food which can be enjoyed in the manicured flower gardens. A three-night family stay at the Twin Trees includes bed and breakfast for two adults and two children, house signature Italian pizza for the whole family, a complimentary bottle of house wine and complimentary room service from the pizza menu during your stay for €349.
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa in Limerick has spacious outdoor play areas in 20 acres of green gardens, a magical fairy garden and an outdoor kids club. From €279, a two-night family break for two adults and two children comes with breakfast each morning, a Rad Family welcome pack and a choice of two family activities, including passes to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park, a family picnic hamper or an in-room pizza night. Also included is complimentary access to Rain Spa & Leisure Club and €20 per adult off treatments in Rain Spa when €70 is spent on spa treatments per person.
Feature image: The Hardiman Hotel
Read more: 8 of the best Irish campsites to visit this summer
Read more: Irish self-catering boltholes to book into this summer
Read more: Our favourite cafés and bakeries around Ireland to try on your summer staycation