Fetch Beauty founder Lucy McPhail: ‘My top five tips for staying organised’
21st Oct 2018
Lucy McPhail, founder and CEO of Fetch Beauty, has a very busy schedule. She’s operating a luxury retail platform and ships beauty products across the world. Yet, somehow, she manages to stay on top of it all.
Before she joins us for an exclusive masterclass on finance, self-management and organisation (tickets available here), Lucy sat down to share her top five tips for staying organised.
1. Be in control of your own diary and block out a weekly admin-day where you do not accept or arrange meetings.
2. We have a lot of brands in different time zones, particularly in the USA and Asia. Book in a monthly catch up with brands working from a similar time zone so that you’re not tying up evenings.
3. Add 30 minutes transition time between all meetings. This means you can catch up on emails and make up any time. Don’t be late, it’ll only stress you out in the long run (and it’s rude).
4. For buying trips, I always try and squeeze in as many meetings as possible to make the most of the time away from the office. Try and group them based on the area of the city to eliminate time wasted travelling.
5. I write appointments in a physical diary.
Lucy also advises not to be afraid to give yourself time off, adding, “Acknowledge your achievements even if they are really small and seem insignificant. Write them down weekly.”
Want more business advice?
Do you want to hear more from Lucy and other business experts? Join us for an inspiring masterclass in finance, self-management and organisation on Tuesday 30th October at the Westbury Hotel.
Our panel of experts (including personal finance expert Sinead Ryan; leadership and productivity coach Ciara Conlon; and founder and CEO of Fetch Beauty, Lucy McPhail) will bring different learnings and perspectives; such as team management, time management, organisational skills, finance and how to work efficiently.
There will also be plenty of opportunities to ask the experts your own personal questions (plus there will be champagne and canapes to enjoy) on the night.
For more information and to book tickets, click here.
Rings to help you flaunt your fresh mani? Non-negotiables. Nail salons reopened their doors to the public earlier this week...
This is a perfect lunch recipe, and the harissa does an incredible job of bringing the squash and chicken to...
Actress Julianne Moore is tired of all the cliched tropes about female ageing. The way we speak about it; the...
Do you find yourself talking about how busy and stressed you are? With stress, the words we speak are like...
I fear the true fallout of Covid on our cities is just getting started, writes Amanda Cassidy As the pandemic...
A life of wearing the wrong underwear had Sophie White’s knickers in a twist. She reports on the unexpected satisfaction...
There’s a reason we love being reminded of things that happened in our past. Amanda Cassidy explores why our trips...