29th Nov 2016
It’s the season for friends, family and festive parties, and whether you’re planning a small gathering or a big seasonal get-together, your guests will be impressed if you serve a signature cocktail. Try this delicious Ketel One ‘Ultimate Festive Cocktail’ for the most amazing luxurious drinks experience to bring a touch of seasonal flair to your at-home entertaining.
?Ketel One Ultimate Festive Cocktail?
This candy cane-infused drink will bring a festive twist to winter nights in with friends
Step 1. Candy Cane Infused Ketel One Vodka
1 vanilla pod
6 six-inch candy canes
1 bottle of Ketel One Vodka
1. Pour the Ketel One Vodka into a lidded jar.
2. Split the vanilla pod lengthways with a sharp knife and add to the vodka.
3. Break or crush the candy canes (crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor).
4. Add the crushed candy canes to the jar with the vanilla pod and vodka.
5. If required, add a splash of cherry brandy for colour.
6. Seal and leave in a cool, dark place for around four days (longer, if possible), shaking
7. When ready, strain to remove the vanilla pod and sediment.
Step. 2 Ketel One Ultimate Festive Cocktails
30ml candy cane vodka
20ml of clear Cr’me de Cacao (plus a little for the rim)
1 dash of Angostura bitters
Splash of cherry brandy for colour (if needed)
Crushed candy cane for the rim
1. Place candy cane in a food processor and blend until it’s the consistency of granulated sugar
(if you don’t have a food processor, crush the candy canes using a rolling pin, as above).
2. Apply Cr’me de Cacao to the outer rim of a Martini glass or coupe.
3. Coat the rim with the crushed candy cane.
4. Pour the candy cane vodka, Cr’me de Cacao and Angostura bitters into a shaker with ice.
5. Shake and strain into a Martini glass or coupe (use a sieve to catch any remaining sediment).
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
Following the utterly devastating trial of his wife Deirdre last week, Andrew McGinley spoke afterward of the love of his...
Your brain health is just as important as that of the rest of your body, says psychologist and neuroscientist Dr...
You don’t have to love football to have been affected by the tragic scenes at the Finland Denmark game
There were heartbreaking scenes as footballer Christian Eriksen was given CPR at the European Championship game Questions have been raised...
With diversity on the rise, what struggles do interracial couples continue to face today? Filomena Kaguako speaks to three couples about their experiences.
ABGC Architects were enlisted to transform a large white box into a functional living space for two design-minded homeowners. When...