29th Nov 2016
It’s the season for friends, family and festive parties, and whether you’re planning a small gathering or a big seasonal get-together, your guests will be impressed if you serve a signature cocktail. Try this delicious Ketel One ‘Ultimate Festive Cocktail’ for the most amazing luxurious drinks experience to bring a touch of seasonal flair to your at-home entertaining.
?Ketel One Ultimate Festive Cocktail?
This candy cane-infused drink will bring a festive twist to winter nights in with friends
Step 1. Candy Cane Infused Ketel One Vodka
1 vanilla pod
6 six-inch candy canes
1 bottle of Ketel One Vodka
1. Pour the Ketel One Vodka into a lidded jar.
2. Split the vanilla pod lengthways with a sharp knife and add to the vodka.
3. Break or crush the candy canes (crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor).
4. Add the crushed candy canes to the jar with the vanilla pod and vodka.
5. If required, add a splash of cherry brandy for colour.
6. Seal and leave in a cool, dark place for around four days (longer, if possible), shaking
7. When ready, strain to remove the vanilla pod and sediment.
Step. 2 Ketel One Ultimate Festive Cocktails
30ml candy cane vodka
20ml of clear Cr’me de Cacao (plus a little for the rim)
1 dash of Angostura bitters
Splash of cherry brandy for colour (if needed)
Crushed candy cane for the rim
1. Place candy cane in a food processor and blend until it’s the consistency of granulated sugar
(if you don’t have a food processor, crush the candy canes using a rolling pin, as above).
2. Apply Cr’me de Cacao to the outer rim of a Martini glass or coupe.
3. Coat the rim with the crushed candy cane.
4. Pour the candy cane vodka, Cr’me de Cacao and Angostura bitters into a shaker with ice.
5. Shake and strain into a Martini glass or coupe (use a sieve to catch any remaining sediment).
“Every baby costs you a book” – that’s something women...
Still one of our favourite homes ever, the easy-breezy interiors...