13th Dec 2014
In preparation for the Christmas big bird roast, try this juicy and light Ottolenghian take on Moroccan roasted quail ?
Roasted quail with pomegranate molasses and jewelled couscous
YOU WILL NEED
For the quail
- 1 quail per person
- olive oil
- pomegranate molasses
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
For The Couscous
- 200g pearl or mograbiah couscous
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- handful of chopped mint
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 ?C/140 ?C fan/gas mark 3.
- Remove wishbone from quail (best to ask your butcher to do this), smear with some olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and put some molasses on top and return to oven for another 4-5 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook the couscous according to packet instructions and mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Serve the quail on a bed of couscous and a side of root vegetables.
RECIPES Lesley Tumulty
PHOTOGRAPHY Nathalie Marquez Courtney
STYLING Marlene Wessels
With Father’s Day just around the corner (this Sunday 20h June, so yes, you do have time to buy yours...
Chrissy Teigen is the queen of oversharing. Usually it’s in good humour, self-deprecating and irreverent. She doesn’t take herself too...
Emerging after the pandemic: ‘There’s an awkwardness to my interactions, like I’ve forgotten how to socialise’
In just a few months, human contact became one of the most feared gestures. Being around people we loved was...
Rings to help you flaunt your fresh mani? Non-negotiables. Nail salons reopened their doors to the public earlier this week...
This is why rape victims think twice before coming forward, writes Amanda Cassidy He was once known as “America’s Dad”...
Who is demanding the fetishization of young girls anyway?”When I was working in my early twenties, and even my late...
A Malaysian judge has overturned an inquest verdict of misadventure in the death of 15-year-old Nóra Quoirin, changing it to...