- In the 90’s she covered the Yugoslav wars for The Boston Globe and The Economist to name but a few. Angelina Jolie #jealous.
- She looks like a traditional Volvo-driving soccer mom, but that hippy long red hair also makes her look like the sort of mum who would probably be a dark horse and good fun at parties.
- She apparently plays basketball with George Clooney and her mother is an incredible squash player we hear.
- She’s both criticized and commended for her hands-on militaristic approach. John McCain was a great supporter of her appointment as US Ambassador to the UN – need we say more.
- Her first public speech to young activists last week addressed many of the failings of the UN over the past years, criticizing its red-tape and ?entrenched? bureaucracy, adding ?what matters is results, everything else is just noise.? You go Sammy.
- Her Pultizer Prize-winning book A Problem from Hell: America and the Age of Genocide is incredible – accessible synopses of modern genocides from Cambodia, Armenia, Bosnia.?
- She got married in Kerry.?And she was 38. Props.
This is who you should want to be when you grow up. Yes?
Roisin Agnew @Roxeenna is in love.