23rd Jun 2016
Colourful and delicious, broccoli pur?e is the perfect accompaniment to?grilled chicken or roasted fish. Add a silky spoonful to Gregans’ seared scallops with broccoli, kohlrabi with?cashew and lime dressing. Find the recipe for this summer scallop supper in the July/August?issue of Image Interiors & Living, on shelf on Thursday, 22nd June. Below chef David Hurley of Gregans Castle Hotel shares his perfect broccoli pur?e recipe.
1 large shallot finely sliced
I head of broccoli, finely chopped
A handful of washed baby spinach
Salt and pepper
500g vegetable stock
Knob of butter
- Sweat the shallot in the butter with a little salt and pepper until tender, but without colour.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook on a high heat until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach, stirring for 1 minute until cooked.
- Strain the excess stock from the vegetables but reserve some to adjust the consistency of the pur?e later if necessary.
- Pur?e the vegetables in a food processor with a knob of butter until smooth. Adjust the seasoning or consistency as needed.
- Pass through a fine strainer and serve immediately, or chill quickly over ice to preserve the colour if using the pur?e later.
While staying at home and with plenty of time to...
Kate Garraway’s devastating Covid story is a reminder of why...
Check out three of our favourite vegan/veggie-friendly spots in Dublin...
Attracting bees to your outdoor patch is a cinch, with...
Following the utterly devastating trial of his wife Deirdre last...
This beautifully finished end of terrace on Rathmines Road is on the market for just over the million mark
Built around 1860, the Victorian house for sale in Rathmines...