Colourful and delicious, broccoli pur?e is the perfect accompaniment to?grilled chicken or roasted fish. Add a silky spoonful to Gregans’ seared scallops with broccoli, kohlrabi with?cashew and lime dressing. Find the recipe for this summer scallop supper in the July/August?issue of Image Interiors & Living, on shelf on Thursday, 22nd June. Below chef David Hurley of Gregans Castle Hotel shares his perfect broccoli pur?e recipe.
1 large shallot finely sliced
I head of broccoli, finely chopped
A handful of washed baby spinach
Salt and pepper
500g vegetable stock
Knob of butter
- Sweat the shallot in the butter with a little salt and pepper until tender, but without colour.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Add the broccoli and cook on a high heat until tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach, stirring for 1 minute until cooked.
- Strain the excess stock from the vegetables but reserve some to adjust the consistency of the pur?e later if necessary.
- Pur?e the vegetables in a food processor with a knob of butter until smooth. Adjust the seasoning or consistency as needed.
- Pass through a fine strainer and serve immediately, or chill quickly over ice to preserve the colour if using the pur?e later.
‘Watching the Christmas shopping rush, it’s easy to feel like if you aren’t spoiling your kids, you’re doing it wrong’
I will not get caught up in the Christmas drama....
Failure is a natural element of the cycle of life....
These days, it’s easier than ever to give something back....
Less may be more when it comes to cosmetic enhancements,...
Just a 15-minute drive from the city centre (and with...
Siobhan Kearney murder: ‘People have suggested I move on. But I can’t. You cannot be expected to forget a life force’
“He strangled my sister. He tried to disguise it as...
While the dawn of the Netflix era has been great...